Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt4 Wheel Arch Trim Clips

raverchris

I need to remove the front wing to knock out a dent. Having already removed the front bumper for a similar reason, I am familiar with the range of trim fixings. However, there are 4 fixers which have me puzzled. They are located just inside the arch towards the rear of the car and fix the shield to the wing. They look a bit like a 15mm plastic washer with a 3mm hole at the centre. Aha, I thought. Just need to poke a little screwdriver down the hole to release some clever bit and pull it out. But no, it doesn't do that.They look too good to be disposable, but perhaps you just have to chop the heads off and replace. Got any ideas before I become executioner?

Many thanks

Chris

Chris

We virtually beg people to fill in their profile so we can see which model the owner has. You won't get much response when all we know is it is a "RAV4".

Sorry Anchorman, I thought the title XT4 defined the model as the 4.3 2.2 litre D4D, but realise that is the trim level. Anyway it is a 2007 model. I also attached a photo, but for some reason it did not appear, I'll have another go with the attachment.

Thanks. Chris

post-26897-0-30800800-1385717099_thumb.j

If they are the same as the celica I ended up breaking them off and just replacing as they have a substantial square section in the hole.

Keith

• Like 1

They are sacrificial so just do your best with them. Warming them might work.

• Like 1

Thanks Keith & Anchorman

I've managed to save them by prising them up enough to compress the lugs on the square end with a pair of long-nosed pliers and wiggling them out.

Regards

Chris

See

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-WHEEL-ARCH-COVER-FASTENER-CLIPS-PLASTIC-TRIM-X20-/321078020151?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac1bdc837

Theres loads of different plastic fasteners on the Rav - undertrays and side trays, arch liners etc etc. These can be bought individually from Toyota - but at a price! It may be worth buying a mixed bag of Toyota fasteners from eBay - handy if you break or loose the odd one.

• Like 1

Thanks for that - I have bought a pack for future use.

Now busy looking for a nearside rear foglight housing. The lens is broken, but dealer only supplies whole unit £91. Doing the rounds of the scrappy's - even if the unit is broken as long as the lens is intact I can change it (heat gun to soften the adhesive)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links