Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd Display

cviclark

Secret menu?! Pray tell, what magical voodoo ritual should I perform to get access to that?!

This is how to get the "secret screen", with many thanks to Maxwell over on Prius Chat, I was using it to look at the charging of the 12 volt Battery but it also shows you the speed for some reason!

- Push the Power button twice, no brake pedal, you end up in IGN ON condition
- Push the switch "CAR" on the Touch dash and keep it pressed
- Turn the light ring to the extreme low and high, 3 times in a row
- Watch the Touch screen: a black & white menu does appear; touch the option Function check/Setting
- Another menu does appear; touch the option Vehicle Signal
- Voilà.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/toyota-auris-excel-hybrid-uk-with-a-flat-battery-again.136658/page-4#ixzz2sTZ8hdGB

Follow us: @PriusChat on Twitter | PriusChat on Facebook

Secret menu doe's sound a bit black magic I must admit!

• Like 1

Well, I know what I'm doing next time I've got time to play with the car!

Although next time, I will remember not to turn off the automatic headlights, because I don't fancy getting pulled by the police for driving on the a55 without lights again :-\

Thanks for the info on the "Secret Menu". It just goes to prove that Toyota could very easily make the info available on the trip display screen in digital format with a simple firmware update. I saw a nice big ad for the Peugeot 3008 showing the dash Speedo to the left rev to the right and digital speed in the centre. All nice and clear like Merc VW and Ford. The digital speed on the Gen 3 Prius was close enough to GPS speed but Auris HSD analogue speedo is erratic, suffer's from parallax error and with daft small increments on a small speedo never going to be accurate. The big clear analogue speedo in my Ducato based motorhome is not a problem so the reason Toyota get it so wrong is because they do not care for their customers. Customer Care at Toyota Is like Military Intelligence a contradiction of terms.

The digital speed on the Gen 3 Prius was close enough to GPS speed

Not on mine.

The speedo reads 7% higher than the true speed consistently over the entire range.

The annoying thing is, the gen3 knows the real speed because the average speed meter uses it, and it is available via the diagnostic port. So the speedo on the dash has a 7% uplift added. :(

• Like 1

The digital speed on the Gen 3 Prius was close enough to GPS speed

Not on mine.

The speedo reads 7% higher than the true speed consistently over the entire range.

The annoying thing is, the gen3 knows the real speed because the average speed meter uses it, and it is available via the diagnostic port. So the speedo on the dash has a 7% uplift added. :(

If you buy a Prius in the US or some other non Euro countries, the speedo is very accurate according to a number of users on other chat groups

• 5 years later...

My problem is that the display no longer shows the speed at all. How do I get back speed on the display? Did I do something? It has worked fine until today. 2018 Auris Excel Hybrid. Please help. Thanks

• 3 months later...

How set the small screen in front of the driver to show speed on an Auris Hybrid

Moved to the Auris club.

Please look at your profile, which shows a 2006 Auris Hybrid, and the earliest Auris Hybrid was 2010.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use Google Maps on my phone. 

It makes a great satnav (free bang up-to-date maps, etc). 

A few months ago they added a (GPS-derived) speed display to it. 

Really neat thing was to discover that, in France, the speed display entirely automagically changed itself to kph, (as per the speed limits), while everything else stayed the same (distance to go in miles, etc). 

Well, I thought it was a neat feature ... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links