Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty - 10 Plate (Uk) Iq 2

sushd

Hi All,

Considering purchasing a used 10 plate IQ 2 Auto.

Wanted to know if the 10 plate IQs came with a 5 years warranty or a 3 years warranty? ??

TIA.

I know mine came with a 3 year warranty and that's a 2009. I would imagine the majority of IQ's did come with a 3 year but could be incorrect.

The five year/100,000 mile new car warranty was introduced by Toyota GB from 1st June 2010. So if your IQ was supplied by Toyota GB and first registered after 1st June 2010, it will have the five year/100,000 mile new car warranty. If your IQ was either not supplied by Toyota GB, or first registered before 1st June 2010, it will have had the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty.

Please note that the five year warranty consists of the 3 year new car warranty together with a 2 year mechanical warranty.

• Like 1

Thanks for that!

Can you please elaborate on what is meant by "supplied by Toyota GB"? ... not an imported vehicle??

Have put in a deposit for a 60 plate (November 2010) IQ2 today, subject to verification from Toyota that it had a 5 year warranty as new.

Will the local Toyota dealer be able to tell me about the warranty details if I give them the registration number? Will try on Monday.

TIA.

The five year new car warranty was introduced by Toyota GB to bolster consumer confidence after the accelerator pedal recall of 2009. The five year warranty consists of the 3 year new car warranty and a 2 year mechanical warranty.

Toyota Europe retained the three year new car warranty. So if the car was originally purchased in Eire, it would only have the 3 year warranty.

The Toyota dealer should be able to confirm the date of first registration. To determine whether the car satisfies the requirements of the five year warranty, the Toyota dealer would need to confirm the service history. If the service history is all Toyota dealer - fine. If not, it may be more difficult to confirm eligibility.

Bear in mind that the two year Toyota GB warranty extension is a mechanical warranty, and not a full new car warranty.

I would suggest that the extra 2 years is not limited.

"The total Comprehensive period covers any defect (excluding corrosion of functional parts) that is attributable to a manufacturing or assembly fault under normal use for a period of 5 years or 100,000 miles."

Excluding, of course, wear and tear plus others normally not covered by a warranty.

Note the word "any".

It also states "Toyota GB PLC is providing an additional 2 years and 40,000 miles cover." Not suggested as only mechanical.

Thanks for all the comments / info.

I know for sure that the car was first registered in the UK in November 2010, has no previous owner other than the one I am buying from, is not an import, and has had all the services carried out as per schedule by one Toyota dealer.

I guess only Toyota can tell me if it was supplied by Toyota GB as new.

Update, just in case someone has a similar query:

Called up the local dealer and enquired about the warranty. Was asked the registration number and told verbally that the car is covered by 5 years / 100,000 miles warranty. The person on the phone wasn't keen to send me a written confirmation by email, so looked up Customer Services Toyota on the web, and sent two emails from here and here enquiring about warranty, service history, and dealership that sold the car as new.

Received responses to both emails within 24 hours (though it says that one may have to wait for 72 hours for a response) confirming 5 years warranty, mileage at and dates of previous services, name of the Toyota dealer which sold the car as new and the date of first registration.

Both the emails clearly stated - "From the 1st June 2010 Toyota (GB) PLC have introduced a fully comprehensive 5 year or 100,000 mile, whichever comes first, Manufacturer’s Warranty on all new Toyota passenger cars".