Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lumbar Support Auris Excel

AurisStu

This is going to sound like a stupid question but I thought I'd ask it here first before going to the dealer!

The two buttons down at the bottom of the seat side (in front of the adjustment handles) operate the lumbar support. The front button is to bring the support forward and the back button to take it back - right?!

Only thing is that the back button doesn't seem to work - there is some electric motor sound (like with the forward button) but no movement in the seat.

Damn thing is too far forward now and won't go back. Have come to the conclusion that the backwards button wasn't ever working as this is the first time I've used the feature.

Manual was suitably unhelpful - it just says '#4: operates lumbar support where fitted'.

I think that one way on the switch operates a pump which pumps air into the lumbar support, and the other way opens a valve to let the air out again. I played around with the one I had on my test drive, and my one does the same thing - the switch only makes the motor run when pressed one way. The other way is silent (but still working).

If the 'back' position just opens a one way valve to let air out, might it help to be leaning back against the lumber support at the same time as pressing the switch?

If the 'back' position just opens a one way valve to let air out, might it help to be leaning back against the lumber support at the same time as pressing the switch?

This. It is the only way I've ever been able to do it in mine

• 2 years later...

Thanks guys, you've just answered a question for me. :wacko: Yes, I thought it was a stupid question too, but I'd rather ask it here than take it to the dealer and look stupid in there. It would have been nice if the manual had said something about the silent release, wouldn't it? (September 2014 Touring.)

LOL, it's a voyage of discovery finding out about Toyota's little quirks. Only the other week, I thought my nearside rear seatbelt was bust, because my granddaughter couldn't get her belt buckle to fit into the clasp. It turned out she was trying to plug it into the centre belt clasp, which can only accept the centre belt buckle. Never seen that one before on any car. But all's going 100% well with the Auris so far, which is nice.