Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought A Celica, Which Needs A Little Work On The Engine.

threepot

Hello TOC, its been a long long time since I was on these forums.

I have been hunting for a VVTLi celica for about 18 months.

Just bought a 2003 Celica, ZZT231, VVTL-i model, and it is a Japanese import.

It's pretty ok milage, with it just about to turn 100k on the clock, the bodywork is absolutely peachy, no dents or scratches.

Interior is really good, no wear on the seats, no burns or tears. Looks like it was well cared for.

It was imported in 2007 with 33k on the clock.

Then it was serviced very regularly at a Toyota dealer, with loads of receipts to prove it, until it had 80k on the clock where it looks like some boy racer youth has owned it :(

So anyway I digress, it is a very nice car BUT.... the engine is totally seized :yahoo: yayyy!!!!!

While hunting for a celica, I saw that many with knocking engines, in the end I came to the conclusion that I might as well buy a shagged one, and fix it. Then I get a bargain, and I know the engine is pucker.

I think the lad who had it, has been driving it around knocking its ***** off :hammer: until one day it spun a big end Shell or something. I bet he never checked the oil, ran it dry, it started knocking, then put some oil in it, then kept on thrashing it.

So my plan of attack is to strip the engine down, see if anything else has broken, then either re-grind the crank if the damage can be cut away within the oversized Shell measurements or buy a new crank otherwise. Drop all the pistons and rods out of it, if they and the bore are OK wear wise I'll just chemically clean them, drill extra oil drain holes and re-ring them. Might need to replace some rods if its spun big end shells.

Buy a new oil pump, solvent clean everything, put it back together. But this is all hyperthetical until I have the engine stripped down on my benches. I plan to post photos of the damage, as I know these issues are common place on these Celica boards.

WTF has happened to this forum, is it dead?

You only posted yesterday, we are waiting for the photos and updates so get your finger out... :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links