Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Power Steering Pump

rob virgo

common rattle is the aircon pump, does the rattle stop/change when you put the aircon on?
There is an avensis workshop manual which covers your engine, definitely worth downloading or if you send me your email address through messages I will send you my copy.

Cheers

No noise when aircon started stopped ,it does get louder when you put steering to full lock and load it up ??

Goes when you give it some revs,was going to pop off p/s belt to check if it disappears but pump doesn't seem to have an adjuster I could slacken to loosen belt for removal.

The whole file is too big to send as a email, I have attached the power steering file. check your messages too :driving:

• 2 weeks later...

That's the air con pump. Common fault with the d4d. Had the same problem and thought it was the power steering pump due to the rattle getting louder on full lock but that's just caused by the load on the belt being increased as both power steering and air con pumps run off the same belt. The alternator is on a separate one. I had trouble finding a recon pump as they appear to be hard to come by or very expensive. Unfortunately they bearings cant be changed, so its a case of getting a new pump. Don't go Toyota as you will have to re-morgage you're house to afford it. I managed to get a new pump through my local garage for 340 quid plus labor.

At £340 for parts alone it may be worth paying for a professional diagnosis just in case it isn't the air con pump.

Here is a cheap fix for you mate :-)

Aircon belt to bypass compressor

Part number Toyota 5pk1113, or Motaquip vfb434.

Pete.

The whole file is too big to send as a email, I have attached the power steering file. check your messages too :driving:

You could stick it on Googledrive/dropbox or equivalent :-)