Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Help

AYGOSTU

My Aygo (Manual) Clutch has started to slip really bad.. this has just started all of a sudden with no prior warning.. when I put my foot down in first and second gear the car starts to really rev up but the speed is not climbing to match the revs, On a recent 300 mile drive it done it around a country bend and it was quite scary as the power did not seem to be going to the wheels properly and It felt really dodgy.

I am still driving my car as its my daily commuter, but i need to take action..

My car is a 2009, has 103k miles and is on the original clutch. Prior to this have had no issues.

I rang my Toyota dealer that I have always used, to get a fitted quote for a new clutch.. and was promised a call back but didn't get one.. I called again a few hours later and after being put on hold was cut off..

Now before I call again does anyone have any recommendations ? should I look at other garages or stick with Toyota on this one ?

Or shall I just trade the car in and call it a day..

thanks

stu

It does sound like a worn clutch especially with your mileage.

I have a friend that lives your way and he had his clutch replaced here:

Motorite

Unit 11b Riverway Industrial Estate, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8LL

Tel: 01225 774766

It might be worth a call he was impressed with the service and it might be cheaper than Mr T

Brilliant, cheers Raistlin i will contact them now. Thats only 3 miles from me!

I got a price of £714 from Toyota, and £360 from that motorite place in trowbridge. I am going to call Motorite tomorrow and get it booked in for Friday. I will update when I get it fitted. Hopefully it all goes well.

Make sure they fit the larger 190mm clutch not the original 180mm spec one. £714 sounds like they are going off the book time for the clutch replacement.

Alex

Just called them.. Yep its a 190mm they have ordered, car is all booked in for Friday Morning. I also get a 12 month 12k mile warranty with it (I don't know what i would have got with the Toyota one) I will do 12k miles in about 4 months, but at least it keeps the Aygo going.

You can't get the 180mm clutch anymore from anywhere,all the motor factors only supply the 190mm clutch,anyway your's being an 09 it should already have the 190mm clutch in it,we've done loads of clutches in all of the 3 makes,most of the time the centre has dropped out of the clutch,you can tell this by listening to the engine on shut off,it sort of carries on jingling for about 5 secs,lol

Clutch all fitted and working great. I will use that Motorite place again for sure :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links