Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights Out

BigMo82

I'm not sure what they are called but the small lights that switch on with first twist of the stalk have gone out on my Avensis. I have checked fuse 43 which is fine and the lights have been swapped over and still had no luck. The normal lights and full beam are fine just the small lights (side lights maybe?) are not switching on. Is there another fuse for these that I may have missed?

I have a clutch put in and noticed these lights not working the day after getting the car back. I know the mechanic had to remove the Battery and starter motor and was wondering if there was a wire he may have had to disconnect which could have caused this?

Mo

Do you mean sidelights ?

It may be that your mechanic as knocked off a lead, you could test each bulb also.

After removing the engine trim covers, all it takes is to put your hand down into the gap and rotate the bulb holder 90 deg anti-clockwise (looking from the back of the light unit.) once loose you can replace the bulb and reseat the holder

Thank you for your reply. I have removed the buld yesterday and there seems to be a spring clip which is pushed in and down that then releases the bulb holder. I will check tonight with a mutlimeter if I get the chance to be sure there is current coming through.

Mo