Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double Din Stereo

Auris Girl 08

Hi guys

I have seen this at Halfords and am looking to buy it and having it fitted in my auris.... ill get them to fit it, they charge £30 but its ok.

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_927793_langId_-1_categoryId_165655#tab1

I have been looking for something for a while in which I can plug usb into coz there is not much I can keep burning onto the cds of today.....I am a great fan of sony and trust that it will sound good...

As my guardian angels, I wanted to ask you guys if this is going to be a good idea and is there any potential it not fitting properly. What do they do to the car to enable bluetooth function to recieve calls while driving?

I've had a Pioneer double din fitted to my Auris and it has transformed the audio experience. bluetooth was a feature of the head unit so nothing needed to be done other than mount the microphone. A big benefit I found was that the head unit could be bolted into place using the existing fittings and doing away with the rather unsecure clips that are usually used. Facia kits are easily available and Halfords should be able to source that for you.

Also, I was amazed at the sound coming from the stock Speakers which, to my mind underperform massively with the original head unit. I had mine fitted by a mobile fitter and it just about fell in so don't expect any problems there. You might also want to think about a stalk adapter for the Auris as this allows use of the steering wheel controls as per the original.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Thanks for that greg. I have also ordered this pioneer one :

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_916749_langId_-1_categoryId_165655

I not sure if it is the pioneer one that u got. I ordered. I read the faq and Halfords were saying about additional adaptors and plates and thing and it amounted to quite a bit over the original price, so I will whats going on with either. If they are both the same situation, then I will go with the pioneer one.

To be honest I dont really use the steering controls. I always end up pressing the next track button to increase the volume.. doh...

Thanks again

I didnt want to spend too much as the front faces dont come off these days and I didnt want to attact unwanted attention...

Hi

You need a facia kit to fill in round the head unit otherwise there would a gap all the way round. They aren't terribly expensive

Hi i hope it is not too late, i have another solution which is quiet cheap, if it is just burning CD's which is getting to you, then for £40 you can purchase a YATOUR Audio device, (5+7 pin), it plugs directly into the back of your original factory head unit, and allows you to connect aux, usb and SD cards, and there is an optional bluetooth module that you can purchase for another £40? or so, not too sure, that will allow you to pair your phones etc. I purchased mine off Amazon and works excellently, needed fitting into the glove box but it purely plug and play.

• Like 1

Thanks for ur reply V. I wanted to change the stereo anyway as it is not the best really....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

So i had the Pioneer FH-X700BT fitted today and am not happy at all. Firstly, it doesnt pick up medium wave radio, but is ok with FM, secondly i cannot sort the sound settings out to a normal level. What ever i do, there is just so much Bass going on, and it takes over the vocal of what CD playing... Is the stereo too powerful for my Speakers??

What does anything think about this??

Im going back to Halfords to get a refund on it.

Has anyone fitted an old style stereo in their Auris - a "single din" ? I have my old sony stereo which had USB , AUX , but i didnt want that fitted coz it would look old fashioned, but since i have since this thing, im thinking having my old stereo might not be so bad..... at least i know it....

Hi all

So i had the Pioneer FH-X700BT fitted today and am not happy at all. Firstly, it doesnt pick up medium wave radio, but is ok with FM, secondly i cannot sort the sound settings out to a normal level. What ever i do, there is just so much Bass going on, and it takes over the vocal of what CD playing... Is the stereo too powerful for my speakers??

What does anything think about this??

Im going back to halfords to get a refund on it.

Has anyone fitted an old style stereo in their Auris - a "single din" ? I have my old sony stereo which had USB , AUX , but i didnt want that fitted coz it would look old fashioned, but since i have since this thing, im thinking having my old stereo might not be so bad..... at least i know it....

I checked the manual for the stereo you have, and there are a lot of sound adjustments for your stereo. Don't give up on it yet.

You need to turn off the loudness and bass boost, and in the equalizer preset to Natural. I suspect the staff in Halfords altered the sound to their taste.

The manual says to press big Multi-Control (M.C.) button to display the setting mode. Turn the M.C. to select the equalizer. POWERFUL-NATURAL-VOCAL-CUSTOM1-CUSTOM2-FLAT-SUPER BASS. You can select the sound you want.

Hopefully by the time you have read this you have found the controls to tailor the sound to your taste.

The other option is to go back to Halfords and get them to adjust the sound with you there, until you are happy. Either that or get a friend who understands these devices, to adjust it for you.

I don't own the stereo but understand how most work after a few minutes of play.

You have a great stereo.

Enjoy.

Wow konrad that was nice of you.

When the guy pulled the stereo out , it all seemed brand new and fresh out the box. I turned all the loudness and bass boost off . I tried the equaliizer at the NATURAL setting and even that was doing the whole boom boom thing too, so I think I left it on FLAT . There was a setting called SRC I think and I took it down to -12 and there was another setting called HC something and selected 200hz at -12 and that seemed to work. I have no idea what they mean. Ideally I would like to raise what I am used to as the treble, but this stereo isnt set in this way.

The guy at Halfords was really helpful. The trim around the stereo does fit around the front into the dash, so hes going to cut another trim for me. He said the auris have very tight space to put in another stereo.

Now the other issue I still have is that the stereo does not pick up MW radio signal. The funny thing is the radio stations are situated in my local area so there should be no probs picking up signal. Do u think there is a fault with the stereo or perhaps he didnt plug the aerial in properly????

Glad to help.

The medium wave problem is odd. If you get FM without any issues, then the aerial is either not plugged in properly or incompatible, or the stereo has a faulty tuner. It will need to be tested.

HC means high cut if I am correct.

The equalizer has 2 settings where you can set your own sound preferences.

Working from my tablet so very brief.

I had to return the stereo back to Halfords, the guy started getting awkward with me as i wasnt happy that the stereo wasnt catching medium wave radio. P'd off with the fact he had to undo it all again.

Tell me TOC friends, is it true that Toyota do not fit AM areials as they are in built in the factory fitted stereo?? In which case, any after market stereo i would fit will never be able to catch AM signal??

Now that i have seen how the guy opened it up, i think ill have a go at fitting something myself. I have my old Sony 'Single Din' stereo, with USB and AUX, so i might try and fit that and get the facia plate for it.

Please can someone confirm the issue about AM radio ;)