Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Nightbreaker Bulbs

bobby2011

Could you help me please.

Have not posted for a while but I love this site and information given.

After reading the benefits of fitting the nightbreaker bulbs I decided to fit the H11 to my Rav SR180.

Managed, after a while to fit them.

My problem is now the beams seem to be out of line.

The drivers side beam seems high and the passenger side seems low and to the left.

If at a distance you look at the dipped beams ( not a good idea ) you can see they are out of line.

Have tried the levelling switch in the cabin but that does not help.

How do you level the lights so the beams are the way they should be ,or am I better getting Toyota garage to fix.

thank you for your help.

Bobby

The passenger side should be more biased towards the left in order to provide good lighting of the kerb, pavements, etc. Although, in my opinion H11's are easier to fit correctly than H4's (which are reliant on wire clips and can easily be incorrectly seated in the headlamp), are you sure the bulbs you've put in are seated correctly. Have a look at the bulbs with the lights off to check whether the bulbs are inserted OK.

Pound to a pinch of stuff that the wee rubber gasket from the previous bulb did not come off with the old bulb, Bobby, causing yer Rav to impersonate Clarence the crosseyed lion out of Daktari........

Remove again, making sure the gasket from the NEW BULB comes away, and checkify.

Do you know the wee trick of easier access to driver's wan by unclipping screenwash bottle neck and bending gently away......?

• Like 1

Hi Bobby,

I had EXACTLY the same problem fitting Nightbreakers to my 2008 XT5. Kev, as usual hits the nail on the head ( been know to hit his thumb as well :hammer: ) when he talks about the rubber ring problem. It is not easy to get everything in position and lined up so that the bulbs seat correctly and the visual check that you are using is an excellent way of performing QC - just ask anybody who is coming in the opposite direction at night!!!!!!! I just wish that I had smaller hands when doing a job like this.

Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

Will try with the rubber gasket, as fitting them is tricky and will unclip the screen wash bottle.

Hopefully then will see the light.

All the best

Bobby

Thank you all for the suggestions and help.

Will try with the rubber gasket, as fitting them is tricky and will unclip the screen wash bottle.

Hopefully then will see the light.

All the best

Bobby

Quick "ready reckoner", Bobby........the bulbs you removed........still got their rubber gasketty washers or not......? If not, they are deffo trapped under the rubber gasketty bits of the new bulbs.......total PINTA.....