Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Ist Fuel 1.5Cc Consumption

Jose Guirrugo

Hi ladies and gents,

I recently bought a Toyota IST (1.5cc, year 2002), from Japan and I'd like to know what are the basics maintenance I need to do for the car to run smoothly?

Also what I need to do if the car looks to consume fuel a little bit more than is should.

Cheers, from Mozambique, Africa

Yours is one of the first generation Ist - the second generation formed the basis for the Urban Cruiser that was exported to Europe - and was based on the first generation Toyota Yaris (Vitz in some markets). So I would presume maintenance of the Ist would be similar to the Yaris/Vitz (1998-2005)

Do you have any tips of what I can replace? specially to reduce fuel consumption?

Would be useful to know what fuel consumption you're having.

Looking at someone in the United States who is on Fuelly, they are achieving an average miles per gallon of 24.3 with a best figure of 31.5 - bear in mind this is US gallons rather than imperial gallons (the imperial gallon is 20% larger than the US gallon). Style of driving is 39% highway driving and 61% city driving.

As regards a quick replacement - check the air filter and replace that if it looks well-used.