Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aa/rac/greenflag/?

sich1

currently thinking of getting my 4.2 covered in case of breakdown/dmf failure,

as it currently has a bit of a judder when its cold...maybe nothing but who knows.

i take a few trips of 150 miles plus and would hate to see the recovery bill for that!!

not fussed about home start etc just want it to be put on the back of a wagon and

taken home or to my local garage from anywhere in the UK.normal b/down also covered at roadside.

green flag quote £60 the rest are around the £75 mark.

anybody have a similar thing? if so what are you paying? if you dont mind me asking :)

Club Toyota or Toyota roadside assistance as it's now known is £69 a year I think.

It's as good as the higher end AA RAC cover.

Auto Aid £39 - includes driving any car + cover for spouse, recovery, homestart etc etc. Snag is that you pay for the service received and claim reimbursement. Several members of my family have had Auto Aid cover for many years - excellent service and reimbursement within about a week.

My OH went with a "Auto Aid" like service few years ao and it worked well for her and was great value.

BUT .... You have to be honest with yourself about getting round to claiming the money back! I always forget, so that service would be no good to me, and to many people equally lazy.

Currently, we went for AA. Cost was a touch over £200 for two people in any car with all features except Euro cover (so home, recovery, onward travel, etc ) but also including repair costs on breakdown - so say car wouldn't start because of flat Battery due to alternator, for example, then AA will pay for garage to fit new alternator and the part itself, up to £500 (so it is a bit like a basic warranty, as I see it) - on two vehicles, one 5 years old, one 13 years old.

Plus got £75 cash back, so £125 actual cost.

If the AA is unable to fix your car at the roadside, or arrange prompt local repair at a Toyota Service Dealer, they will take you to a single destination of your choice

Toyota deal does look a good one if the above was not in the terms.

looks a bit like you will get tied to a mr T garage. Thanks for the heads up but I would prefer

it to be taken home or my local. Guess thats why its sucb a good deal as it brings in business.

Did look at the repair option with the aa but lookedl like a lot of "NOT COVEREDS" in it. Would maybe give it a go

if I had more spare cash. Sounds a good deal you got hoovie

The cash back was a key thing, and I should mention I wanted cover when driving my T4 Transporter, and some companies (such as RAC) don't cover commercials, so choices were limited.

You are right about the "not covered" but taking the enhanced cover increased the cash back value so it became attractive enough despite its limitations (cash back via Quidco)

Auto aid. Will have to check it out.

Not instantly appealling but iam sure it works for some.

Which? recommend the AA (73%) and Saga Breakdown (service provided by the AA) (72%) - based on information from the 2013 Car Survey (6996 drivers who had used car breakdown services in a four month period December 2012-March 2013). Scores a combination of Performance (arriving within one hour of the initial phone call reporting the fault and the percentage of vehicles fixed at the roadside) and Customer Satisfaction (overall customer satisfaction and the likelihood of recommending service to a friend).

Other scores were:

Aviva (71%)

GEM (69%)

Autoaid (68%)

Brittannia Rescue (67%)

Green Flag (62%)

Autonational Rescue (54%)

Allianz Global Assistance (53%)

Axa Assistance (52%)

Europ Assistance (50%)

Auto aid can't beat the cover for the price .Just have to pay upfront as said but has good reviews re the claiming cost back

We've had Club Toyota for last 11 years and find them very good value.

Only had one call-out (for a broken serpentine belt) but recovery was quick - it was RAC then, now AA, I believe - and, in the absence of a replacement belt or an open dealer - it was a bank hol weekend - they took car home, drove me to local Enterprise and put me in a hire car and then collected the RAV on the Tues for delivery to my local MrT. The RAV was back with me next day.

We wouldn't have anyone else now.

Another vote for GEM from me, and have been with them for years!

• Like 1

We have the full monty RAC cover. This includes home-start and roadside breakdown and onward transportation of the car if a roadside repair is not possible..

Consider..

Some organisations will only take the car a certain distance.. RAC is 15 miles from the point of breakdown UNLESS you go for the top cover.

Most will not provide you with a car if yours is not repairable UNLESS you have top cover.

Some will cover you only for your car and not a car you are travelling in.

Some do not offer European cover if you don't specify it.

In short you really do need to make sure you have a very comprehensive cover if you want all eventuality's covered .

Just to throw a curve ball in as the yanks say, going by posts in the VW T4 Forum, apparently a lot of people with Campers use ADAC, which is like a German AA, but provide full euro cover as standard and you don't have to live in Germany to join.

EDIT:

Just thought I'd post someones comment re ADAC ....

"

Right just signed up with them, very happy with what they offer, their customer service and the price, 79euros + 4 euros booking fee, so £65

The reason I bought this was because no one would cover me with a 14 year old vehicle travelling around Europe for less than £120, and even then it was only for a month and the cover seemed pretty limited. However I have this cover now for a year and this includes at home in the UK! The cover is for me, not my vehicle, so even my old K and M reg T4's are covered

They will tow my vehicle back to the UK (the most important and the main thing i wanted) if it cant be fixed within 3 days.
They will give me a hire vehicle and pay for hotel costs during that time
They will pay for onward travel, including say a car for two weeks, hotels, etc, they also will pay for the air fare home.
They will also cover me if I am ill whilst away and end up in hospital, they will pay for me to get back home

The 50Km thing i asked about, it means you will not get a hire car if you break down within 50km of your house only. Fair enough eh?

If you break down at home, no problem they will come out.
If your car gets stolen from home, they will give you a hire car (handy if your insurance won't)."

If I decide to take my car/van abroad, I think I'll be joining ADAC as well as being in the AA, as their general cover seems a lot cheaper then even adding Euro Cover to AA or RAC.

thats a shedload of euro cover for a good price!

can see a few taking that up this sunmmer, and as you say cheaper than our AA/RAC add-ons too.

thats a shedload of euro cover for a good price!

can see a few taking that up this sunmmer, and as you say cheaper than our AA/RAC add-ons too.

Call me Thomas but I'd like to go through the small print (in English, preferably!) just to make sure. As sich1 says, it's an enormous amount of value for such a small price. Is it possible that there could be a prerequisite to cover such as the vehicle needing to have something like a TUV test certificate which could only be issued in Germany?

it does seem remarkable, doesn't it!

here is a comment on same thread ....

"

Originally Posted by xxxxx

Anyone any experience of using them in the event of a breakdown in the UK. I'm looking to get new cover for my wife and I. Her insurance just cancelled the home start cover.

I like to have the best possible breakdown cover as I always drive old cars.

Yup used them twice, only used them in the UK actually, both Euro trips Ive had, Ive never had to call them!

Each time they sent out the AA within an hour.

I did have to call the ADAC break down line, which is German, cost £1.40 on my phone....there was no bother though, fully fledged English speaker, took my details quickly and passed it on to the AA."

They do seem to have the connection with AA, as someone else with AA Euro Cover said ADAC came out when they broke down in Germany.

The downside is you have to call Germany to get cover, and to request assistance, which some may find daunting?

Despite knowing about ADAC, I decided to stay AA as it was simpler TBH, plus I wanted the Breakdown Repair Cover I mentioned, and don't have current plans to take cars abroad in next year.

OH, as an aside ... with the AA you get discounts off various things - I use it for money off Fast Food & Coffee in Motorway Services (£2.18 off my £7 BurgerKing Meal on Sunday ;) )

Another vote for Club Toyota (Yes I know they renamed it but it's less typing :P)

It's basically top-level AA cover at half the price! Only downside is that it covers the car, not the person, unlike normal AA cover.

I can't remember if it was specifically YOU in the car, or anybody in the car tho'... :unsure:

ADAC probably have a reciprocal arrangement with the AA - where the AA provide cover for ADAC members in the UK, and vice versa for AA members in Germany.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links