Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 Alarm Disable

Stubod

Hi all,

recently aqyuired an old rav4 (1999)..but alarm keeps going off at night. Not bothered about an alarm, and was wondering if there is aany simple way to permanently deactivate it or is it safe to just cut the wires to the siren?

..i see this seems to be a common problem, but i canot find a suitabnle solution. i thought that not using the remote may not set the alarm...but it appears that it does.

I cannot find anything noted in the manual.

Thanks for any help...

The system may have a faulty part, likely a door latch anti tamper switch that is affected by the cool temperatures at night.

You could also try resetting the alarm.

Do you have a fob?

1. get in the car

2. shut the door

3. place the key in the ignition

4. lock the doors, manually

5. turn the ignition to on then off...do this seven times

6. unlock the doors and try your remote

Hi..and thanks for the advise...nothing about that in the manual?....I will give it a go..but I would prefer to "remove" the siren from the equation if possible .....at least my neighbours won't complain....

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what alarm has been fitted. the early ones were a nightmare - they had been fitted when the cars arrived in the UK and were not reliable. A good auto-electrician should be able to remove the alarm without affecting central locking. On on of my RAVs the alarm and immobiliser have been removed but I still have central locking and a blue flashing light on the dash so theres bits of the alarm still there.