Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scotland

Never heard anything like it, Gus..........as you always hear after tornadoes in that America " It was like a train coming through......."

No trains running at the moment , all stopped in Scotland due to the high winds.

BBC News:

Scotland's rail network has been suspended due to severe winds battering the country.

Network Rail said that debris on the lines and damage to equipment meant it was not safe to operate any services.

Keep safe guys :thumbsup:

Yessir, it was pretty wild earlier on but it has settled down to a mere puff now. Some trees down and we lost power for a couple of hours but all ok now.

Hopefully everyone has kept their heads down and nobody got hurt. What will we call this one Kev? As far as I remember we got creative and gave the last one a very memorable name.

Suggestions on a postcard please!

Living in a building site like I do was fun last night..........................................................not.

Now looks like a bomb site.

Trouble is, temp today is to drop 7 or 8 degrees, so with all that rain you know whats coming next :jawdrop:

As far as I remember we got creative and gave the last one a very memorable name.

Suggestions on a postcard please!

I expect it was a bit more than a Russell? :lol:

• Like 1

We're 1200 ft above sea level with views of snowdonia on a clear day, t'is almost impossible to stand up outside at the mo, stay safe everybody.

The Yaris was all over the A55 today.............well dodgy in a wind that particular form of transport :rolleyes: I did a rev and go to get past a lorry that had half it's sheeting hanging off, trying to cover up timber, the whole load was swaying in the wind :eek:

The Yaris was all over the A55 today.............well dodgy in a wind that particular form of transport :rolleyes: I did a rev and go to get past a lorry that had half it's sheeting hanging off, trying to cover up timber, the whole load was swaying in the wind :eek:

Strange, I would have thought that you being a tad rotund would have acted as ballast... :clap:

Is wild indeed up here. I had to move cars around the driveway to stop the branches breaking off the fir tree landing on the roof of my T4!

Could also feel my bed moving this moving (and not for the good reason :) ) as the winds really picked up, which was a bit weird :)

Its pretty wild up here, just driven from Inverness to Elgin in horizontal snow, first time with the RAV in bad weather, got to say I'm impressed, much more stable than the previous Freelander.

The number of people driving with no lights or just those piddly little side lights was shocking..........one of my pet hates I'm afraid

• Like 3

You'd think by now they would have invented lorries which rectify their own coverings......

"Conditions were so wild the lorry AND driver were sheeting themselves......"

What........? Beautiful sunny breezy day has followed the storm.......good old Scotland........cannae make it up.

Could also feel my bed moving this moving (and not for the good reason :) ) as the winds really picked up, which was a bit weird :)

Perhaps steer clear of the chicken tava next time then.

The River Dee was within a foot or so of being breached outside my office window today, houses opposite were evacuated and sand bagged by the Environment Agency

721732003_o.jpg

Got pretty wild around newcastle this morning but I was pleasantly surprised at how the rav performed in the wind. Sure, it got blown about a bit but in a predictable way of you know what I mean!

• Like 1

Got pretty wild around newcastle this morning but I was pleasantly surprised at how the rav performed in the wind. Sure, it got blown about a bit but in a predictable way of you know what I mean!

"in a predictable way" totally understood.......have driven now 4 Ravs in really windy conditions, and they ARE affected by gusts, but almost seem to have a self rectifying quality that causes little drama and stay relatively poised.......

I had one of the first ever Ford Sierras built and fitted with those big DISH type plastic wheel trims, same as Tommy Cooper had.....

"Pick a lane......any lane"....

Good job my RAV was out of the garage with only the Celica left in. Part of the roof came down on the RAV side. Did pick up some damage though as a fast moving wheels bin collided with the RAV when it was parked outside on the street.

No damage at mine..........but the peg bag blew off the line and is now lying on the lawn...............must send her indoors out to pick that up :fear:

• Like 1

Did pick up some damage though as a fast moving wheels bin collided with the RAV when it was parked outside on the street.

I'm sure that was what oor Kev claimed

With held

This thread could not have started by someone with such an apt forum username.....it did make me laugh....but daft things do.

• Like 1