Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen 3 Tyres

Cocomango

Can you please make some tyre suggestions for a Toyota Prius, 3rd generation? It is a T-Spirit model with 215/45 R17 tyres.

Many thanks.

Which? Best Buys for 225/45/R17's (size isn't far away from 215/45/R17's) were:

Continental ContiSportContact 5
Which? test score 69%
PROS - Best overall for braking, traction and handling on wet roads. Very good on dry tarmac, too. Second only to the Semperit Speed-Life for fuel economy.
CONS - One of the noisiest 17-inch tyres tested. Wears faster than other Best Buys.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Which? test score 67%
PROS - Our cheapest Best Buy is joint best with the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti for dry-road grip. Impressive fuel economy and decent wear rate (predicted life: 34,900 miles).
CONS - Safe, but not exceptional, on wet road surfaces.

Pirelli Cinturato P7
Which? test score 67%
PROS - Good dry braking and grip. One of the longest-lasting 17-inch tyres in our test (predicted life: 49,500 miles). Quiet, both inside and outside the car.
CONS - Expensive. A few slight weaknesses on wet roads. Fuel consumption could be better.

I went for Michelin Primacy supplied and fitted by Mr.T. @ £107 + vat each.

Seemed a decent deal, always been happy with Michelin and could see no real reason to change brands.

• Like 1

michelin/bridgestone/toyo are standard fit. Wouldnt touch budgets with a barge pole

Alex

• Like 1

I think that you get what you pay for with tyres. Punctures aside, Michelins for example cost 2-3 times as much as a budget tire but also last 2-3 times as long, perform better and stand up to misuse better than budget tyres. The exception to this, in my experience with previous motors, is Continental Contact tyres which wear quite rapidly.

Don't forget to go for low rolling resistance tyres (aka fuel or energy savers) if you want to keep the mpgs up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links