Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.5 D4D Engine

Rob Stubbs

Hi , at the moment I have a 2006 Rav 4 with the replacement engine and want to know if the Toyota Hiace 2.5 D4D vans have the same oil related problems. Can anyone help as I'm looking to replace my Merc Vito 111 van with one and the Forum does'nt list any information on the vans or the engine.

Regards Rob

Think the 2.5 D4D 2KD is a different engine to the 1AD and 2AD D4D's in the Rav4/Auris/Avensis. It is a downsized version of the 3.0 litre 1KD engine used in the HiLux. So I would have a look in the HiLux/Surf club.

Think the 2.5 D4D 2KD is a different engine to the 1AD and 2AD D4D's in the Rav4/Auris/Avensis. It is a downsized version of the 3.0 litre 1KD engine used in the HiLux. So I would have a look in the HiLux/Surf club.

Last person Mike sent there was Indiana Jones......never seen again, Bob......LOL.........Ah cannae even find it on index, but that's me.

That engine is infamous for cracked cylinder heads IIRC.

Last person Mike sent there was Indiana Jones......never seen again, Bob......LOL.........Ah cannae even find it on index, but that's me.

Try here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/100-toyota-hilux-surf-club/

Hi , at the moment I have a 2006 Rav 4 with the replacement engine and want to know if the Toyota Hiace 2.5 D4D vans have the same oil related problems. Can anyone help as I'm looking to replace my Merc Vito 111 van with one and the Forum does'nt list any information on the vans or the engine.

Regards Rob

No probs with the 2.5 d4d

Guess it depends on the vintage of engine you are considering. One of my work colleagues

dabbled a bit in buying/selling older 4X4's. He experienced cracked heads twice, so never

touched another. Said he started reading up on them and reckoned it could be common.

As the saying goes, ye pays yer money..................................

Cracked heads were on very early 90's models and the old 2.4 model, the 2.5 102 and 120 BHP models would not pull you out of bed, the 144 BHP models are much better..........and can be chipped too ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

That was the 2.4d not the 2.5 d4d the OP has enquired about

Cracked heads were on very early 90's models and the old 2.4 model, the 2.5 102 and 120 BHP models would not pull you out of bed, the 144 BHP models are much better..........and can be chipped too ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I stand corrected o great king of parts and pies.

That was the 2.4d not the 2.5 d4d the OP has enquired about
Yes well as you can see I did actually manage to read Kingos post as well.

Hi,Just wanted to know if the 2.5 that's was in the Hilux (that top gear tried to kill ) was the same spec 2.5 in the Hiace Vans.

Regard Rob

The 3 litre in the Hilux seems to have injector problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_KD_engine

Not 100% sure, you could be right.

Rob

Hi,Just wanted to know if the 2.5 that's was in the Hilux (that top gear tried to kill ) was the same spec 2.5 in the Hiace Vans.

Regard Rob

The 3 litre in the Hilux seems to have injector problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_KD_engine

Two things Rob, the Top Gear hilux was an old 2.4d, the 2.5 d4d you enquired about is a bullet proof common rail motor and yes the 3.0 d4d had problems around 2007 with the injectors seals but the 2.5 d4d was not affected..