Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Invincibles For £24500 !

CharlieFarlie

Dealer in Cheltenham has two Invincibles.. One in Decuma grey and one in Tyrol silver both cars are manuals both cars are £24500...... !Removed! good price ! They did have a white one but that one was sold two days ago..

Automatic one is in white pearlecant and is £1000 more......

Good prices I think...

• Like 1

White SR, don't know if they still do it Charlie but I've bought previous cars from uncle Arnold that have been

At other branches which they ship to your local one.

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/toyota/rav-4/2.2-d-cat-sr-5dr-auto/2011-(11)/ref/arndx-u-5026/

Thanks Dave.. I have put my name down for an automatic Invincible.. We cant agree a trade in price for my car and I just simply refuse to trade it in for the price offered so my car is now on the internet for sale. Providing it sells I will buy the new car..

Listers in Nuneaton have several colour choices at £24,495, all 63 reg manual invincibles with under 1k miles.

Dealer in Cheltenham has two Invincibles.. One in Decuma grey and one in Tyrol silver both cars are manuals both cars are £24500...... !Removed! good price ! They did have a white one but that one was sold two days ago..

Automatic one is in white pearlecant and is £1000 more......

Good prices I think...

They look very good prices. What I don't understand is how they also have one with lots of miles for £29k ??

Who would buy that?

David

They look very good prices. What I don't understand is how they also have one with lots of miles for £29k ??

Who would buy that?

David

The market has had this sort of anomaly for quite some time, where nearly new cars are more expensive than discounted new ones. Last year when I bought my second Auris, there were quite a few nearly new and pre-registered examples at Toyota dealerships advertised for the same or a higher price, than the price I paid for a new unregistered Auris of the same spec with delivery miles

• Like 1

Listers in Nuneaton have several colour choices at £24,495, all 63 reg manual invincibles with under 1k miles.

Its Listers in Cheltenham that have the cars I'm talking about.....

Paul I would post a link but I can only find the link on my phone and cant work out how to do it from the phone.

I simply cannot work out how to do the Toyota Approved website on the home PC ! Its just so complicated so I do it from the phone...

Listers also so have a white Icon in the showroom but its over 29K..... But its not a pre registered car like the Invincible cars..

I would compromise on the automatic transmission.. Only because the gear change is silk now and of course the increased MPG over the auto which is my first choice but the sales guy at Listers tells me there are no white ones left in either branch or group stock.

Just realised wanted a link for the car you are looking to buy...sorry! Been out and had a few. Damn the booze. Made a few poofah's now on this forum after the pub!!

Manufacturers often offer discounts to dealers to shift new cars and enhance sales numbers. The dealer may give some of the discount to a purchaser or enhance PX offers - again to shift new cars. Coupled with other deals of free servicing / cheap finance etc etc - new cars may be very attractive. Nearly new cars are one owner used cars and need to align in price with other similar cars a dealer may have for sale - otherwise a 12 month old car may be unattractive against a nearly new car. Therefore new cars may work out cheaper than a pre-registered low mileage equivalent.

There is not currently a brand new unregistered Rav4 Invincible in Pearl white for less money or anywhere near the price of these pre registered cars... These cars have between 11 and 13 miles on them.....

There are quite a few Invincible cars up and down the UK that have from around 2000 to around 5000 miles and they are mostly upwards of 28K

Of course these cars at rock bottom prices mean the dealers will offer rock bottom PX allowances.. That is why my car is now on the internet for sale...

My asking price on PH may be a bit optimistic but have look at the price of similar T180s on PH.. My one is actually very realistically priced... Of course I will sell the car for considerably less but there has to be a starting point..

I recently sold My Jag XFS on PH and sold it for way above book price. In fact I sold it for way above what garages had them up at ! All it takes is one guy or gal who wants a proper car with a proper full documented history and in top condition and Bobs yer Muvvers Bruvver...

We shall see...

Guys on the Jag forum told me I would not get the asking price for my XFS.... Completely wrong.. Sold it within two weeks for the full asking price...

• Like 1

Good advert on PH Charlie, it would certainly get a look from me if i were in the market for such a car. It's certainly the right time of year to be selling a Rav in that price bracket.

As for buying a new Invincible…..there are so many about ! I paid £25.630 for ours (63 plate), manual box with pearl, mats, flaps, boot mat and rear bumper protector. I was pleased with that.

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

Normally lurking in the neiboughring Avensis forum, I am on the look for a Rav4... prefarably Invincible.

I had a look on 'drive the deal', and they offer what I wanted (Invincible+metalic paint+satnav) at 24.5K... almost too good to be true. All dealers offer a second hand one for more than that. Wondering if I went into a dealership at this time of year, will there be a deal to be made on a second hand one...

TwoT

Hi Guys,

Normally lurking in the neiboughring Avensis forum, I am on the look for a Rav4... prefarably Invincible.

I had a look on 'drive the deal', and they offer what I wanted (Invincible+metalic paint+satnav) at 24.5K... almost too good to be true. All dealers offer a second hand one for more than that. Wondering if I went into a dealership at this time of year, will there be a deal to be made on a second hand one...

TwoT

From my experience, it quite simply depends on the dealer. My local dealer, or should I say their sales manager, has a 'take it or leave it' attitude, we always give them the chance of our business but the last seven cars we have bought have come from two dealerships 35 and 120 miles from home, where brand new cars were involved the prices varied between £600 and almost £1600

It all very much depends on who needs to sell what at a given time, from experience, a morning spent shut away on the telephone will normally get you the car you want at a price you're happy with and the price differences will astound you .

Having said that, drive the deals 'deal' is very very competitive, however, …………shop around.

.............and if 24.5k of your hard earned GBP things is not a deal for an Invincible wiff Sat Nav, ah don't know what is.

Paul above is correct......most Sales Managers sit in a cave like The Grinch and adopt a take it or leave it, whilst his minions trot back and forward to his cave with latest deal they are not authorised to close on.........so shop about from the comfort of yer own wee hoose.

... and, don't forget that we're getting towards the end of December = end of month, end of quarter and possibly end of year for those with quotas to fulfil. Folk prepared to complete the deal by Christmas should be able to negotiate a decent bargain.

And if your dealer won't play, why not "drive the deal"?

Also note that buying a new RAV via Access Toyota comes with a £1,000 deposit contribution from Toyota. Yes, finance makes it a tad more expense in the long run but ... [And the DTD quote assumes that you take finance].

And finally, given that you could be the first owner of a brand new car for about the same price as the second owner of an ex demonstrator or pre-registered vehicle, why wouldn't you choose the new one?

Hi Guys,

TwoT

From my experience, it quite simply depends on the dealer. My local dealer, or should I say their sales manager, has a 'take it or leave it' attitude, we always give them the chance of our business but the last seven cars we have bought have come from two dealerships 35 and 120 miles from home, where brand new cars were involved the prices varied between £600 and almost £1600

It all very much depends on who needs to sell what at a given time, from experience, a morning spent shut away on the telephone will normally get you the car you want at a price you're happy with and the price differences will astound you .

Having said that, drive the deals 'deal' is very very competitive, however, …………shop around.

Jeez Paul min.......your local dealer has lost oot on seven cars fgs......? You have MUCH more patience than me.........3 strikes and mine was given a permanent red card. Service side........faultless thus far in 5 years. Sales.......remember (Jimmy)Rockford Files......." I'll get back to you.....".....? Didnae........

A guy I work with has bought his last five cars down in that England, mostly in the North East and Midlands areas, all from the comfort of his armchair and using t'internet.

His latest, a BMW X3 (very nice it is too), was bought from a dealer in Manchester who very nearly cut his own throat trying to seal the deal. His local dealers in the Glasgow area wouldn't budge an inch on their initial offers so the business went South. He saved himself £2000-£3000 in doing so.

All of his motors have been from dealer used/approved offers with warranties etc and he's never had an issue. The BMW dealer delivered the car to his door and picked up his trade in too, nice and simple.

Next time I am looking to buy a car, I'll be taking his advice and casting my net further afield.

Thanks Guys!

As all of us,I am looking to pay he minimum and get maximum. I am not really after a new car,as I do drive them to the ground (ar almost...) - current Avensis has (almost) faultless 170K miles,which I am very happy about. So I do not mind being the second owner, as when I will get to sell/change, this will matter very little. The Avensis was bought this way, at around 7K less then new (1 year old, 9990 miles...). The garage that I bought the car from was also good with servicing (it is not my local - they have a very bad reputation around here). My plan is to go in (I still prefare face to face...) and talk to them. I have a target price in my mid, both for what I want to pay, and what I want to get for my car, and it does not really matter how they get to this price (payinmore for mine, or lowering the price), they will have my cash. If not, there are plenty of dealerships around (well, being in north London have its benefits...) and shall try them by phone. I am considering buying the Rav4, but I am not pressed, and want a good deal. If I am not getting a good deal now, will probably wait for March.I think it is a buyers market, and intend to use this.

BTW Charlie - your car is impressive! Shiny! :-)

Many Thanks

TwoT

Hi Guys,

TwoT

**** Paul min.......your local dealer has lost oot on seven cars fgs......? You have MUCH more patience than me.........3 strikes and mine was given a permanent red card. Service side........faultless thus far in 5 years. Sales.......remember (Jimmy)Rockford Files......." I'll get back to you.....".....? Didnae........

Unbelievable isn't it ! Unless you walk in, believe everything they tell you and consider screen price plus a complimentary air freshener a great deal they aren't interested. Some weeks after I bought last 4.3 they called me still trying to sell me a car and hinted i might be 'bending the truth' when I told them what i paid elsewhere !…. Yaris went for service a week or so later so i went to say 'hello' and happened to take the invoice with me. Not expecting a Christmas card from them this year :crybaby:

Pity…... because the service department are excellent,

Cards on the table..

Went into the dealers with the intention of buying a manual invincible at 24480 as advertised. First choice is an auto but they did not appear to have one in stock and the offer is just on the manual cars.. Consideration of MPG also at the back of my mind..

To cut to the chaff I asked for 7500 for my car and offered to pay the cost to change there and then by bank transfer.

Simple easy no nonsense transaction...

The chap who I was dealing with was a mature Scotsman and we hit it off straight away.. You either gel with the people or you don't..

He of course went off to see the wee man in the cave. Said man came out and dispite my assurance that I do not and will not take finance tried his best to sell me finance.. Fair play that's his job..

I likely would not get finance anyway as I/We at our house have no credit rating.. Haven't had a mortgage for 15 years. No loans or finance agreements whatsoever and we don't even have a credit card..

The guys were amazed at the condition of my old car.. They could not fault it. But still the PX offer was 6K........Now perhaps I want it at both ends but I simply refuse to sell a car that they will retail for over 9500 (Their words) for six grand..

So putting the T180 on PH is a punt... Its worth a try eh...

• Like 3

Cards on the table..

Went into the dealers with the intention of buying a manual invincible at 24480 as advertised. First choice is an auto but they did not appear to have one in stock and the offer is just on the manual cars.. Consideration of MPG also at the back of my mind..

To cut to the chaff I asked for 7500 for my car and offered to pay the cost to change there and then by bank transfer.

Simple easy no nonsense transaction...

The chap who I was dealing with was a mature Scotsman and we hit it off straight away.. You either gel with the people or you don't..

He of course went off to see the wee man in the cave. Said man came out and dispite my assurance that I do not and will not take finance tried his best to sell me finance.. Fair play that's his job..

I likely would not get finance anyway as I/We at our house have no credit rating.. Haven't had a mortgage for 15 years. No loans or finance agreements whatsoever and we don't even have a credit card..

The guys were amazed at the condition of my old car.. They could not fault it. But still the PX offer was 6K........Now perhaps I want it at both ends but I simply refuse to sell a car that they will retail for over 9500 (Their words) for six grand..

So putting the T180 on PH is a punt... Its worth a try eh...

But you really can't blame 'em, Charlie. After all they need to earn a crust or two to pay for all their poor wee kids needing PS4's. iPads & Smartphones at Chrimbo! :crybaby:

• Like 1