Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fake Or Brake?

carraca

First of all, I beg to apologize me for my level of English as it is not my native language.

A month ago I bought an Auris TS in Barcelona (Mastertrac)

Due to noise in the brakes, I brought it to the Official Toyota garage on 11 November.

After four days they returned me the car but without repair it because, as they said, they had no spare parts. Apparently it was a manufacturing fault and Toyota recommended replacing brake discs and pads on all four wheels .

I was told to come back on November 26th that they had already received the parts.

Within hours of leaving the car in the garage, they called me again to tell me they couldn't fix it because they had not yet received replacement parts . They said they will call me when they had received the parts. Today is December 8 and I still do not know when they will be able to repair the car. I think it's amazing that Toyota does not have replacement parts for a car manufactured by themselves.

I ordered a replacement car while they were repaired mine, but they told me that it was not possible. I've asked for a certification in writing that the car is safe and I can drive it safely . They told me they could'nt do the certificate.

Nowadays I do not dare to take the car out of the garage.

Toyota 's behavior was shameful, disgraceful and closer to scam rather than a good customer service.

I do not recommend that anyone buy a Toyota .

Presumably when you state Auris TS, you mean the Auris Touring Sport.

Have the Toyota dealer actually told you what is wrong with the brakes?

Have you got the importer (Toyota Espania?) Involved?

Exactly: touring sport.

No, the Toyota dealer did not tell me what's wrong with the brakes. I noticed a noise and they said they will change it all four. That's all.

I've send a message to Toyota Spain two weeks ago but no one has already call me.

Bad car and worst service.

You need to be pressing your case to the local dealer who is doing the replacement, call them every day if needed.

No garage is going to give you a piece of paper saying the brakes are safe when obviously they are not.

If you get no joy with the dealer you will have to escalate to Toyota's head office.

Thanks for your answer.

You can be sure that I have pressured the dealer. I have made a reclamation to the Consumer Office of the Governement, I wrote to Customer Service of Toyota Spain and, finally, today I have wrote to Europe Customer Service. The next step is go to UN or visit the Pope in Rome if it's necessary!

The problem with the brakes is not only in my car but in all the Auris TS they have sold. They said that it's caused by a wrong design.

We don't seem to have had reports of brake problems here in the UK - either on these forums or on another (Honest John).

Think you need to be telephoning or e-mailing Toyota Spain and the dealer to escalate this problem. With the dealer, escalate it to the Dealer Principal - ie the person whio is responsible for the entire dealer site of where you bought the car from.