Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Warning Light

hazelwoods

Is it my car, or are Toyota fuel warning light systems different to most others?

As long as I can remember I've had fuel warning light and audible warning at abut 40-50 miles left in tank. Then this warning sound repeats every time I start the engine, until I fill up.

Not this one! There is not audible warning and the light comes on some times but not always.

I could always rely on the warning, until now.

I think I should maybe take the car in to get checked, or am I being paranoid?

Conversely, from the cars we've owned (18), ones with both a visual and an audible warning of low fuel are in the minority.

However, I very rarely let either of our cars get so low on fuel that the low fuel warning even flashes, let alone comes on properly.

You can't rely on the gauge, my warning comes on if I park on a slope with a full tank... :)

I just reset the mileage each refill then I have two ways of telling when I should fill again....

My mk2 has no warning beep or light, the bottom segment of the fuel gauge starts to blink when it's down that low. Quite easy to miss!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links