Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Road Hawk Hd

crustyclam

I recently fitted a Road Hawk HD to my RAV4, thankfully the interior trim was very obliging in allowing a neat installation.

Just thought i would show the quality from the camera and a quick clip of some pratt in an audi almost ruining someones day.

http://youtu.be/GF0CK5firZA?t=30s

I bet if he had hit him it wouldn't have been his fault....

Nice quality video feed :thumbsup:

Oh dear... what a muppet... :eek:

Good quality picture... did you capture the reg number ?

I've got a dash cam in the RAV.. makes interesting watching sometimes.. :censor:

These devices are getting popular now and price is I believe dropping..

Could anyone give a idiots guide on what to buy and how to fit as ole Charlie would like one of these ??

Oh dear... what a muppet... :eek:

Good quality picture... did you capture the reg number ?

I've got a dash cam in the RAV.. makes interesting watching sometimes.. :censor:

No, he was going to fast!!!

I tend to find that if I can see the reg ok with my own eyes than the camera will capture the plate ok.

Go to http://www.roadhawk.co.uk this is what I have in mine(others are available), knowing your aversion to electrical fitting? Search for approved fitters on the road hawk site, I picked up the +12v acc feed in the roof and used that with the camera behind the rear view mirror, don't forget the hard wiring kit if you want to do this! the other choice is the aux power socket aka cigar lighter but I couldn't hack the wire hanging down.

Search for road hawk vouchers and you can get 10% off the parts! there is a sister site www.dogcamsport.co.uk

Gus

Edit: meant to say if in doubt talk to them, they are really nice helpful guys.

Could anyone give a idiots guide on what to buy and how to fit as ole Charlie would like one of these ??

I can't speak about any other unit, but I am impressed with this one. Has inbuilt GPS, and shock detection.

The unit is supplied with some software, this enables the video capture files to be played via the software app. When played it shows speed, and a map (like google map! and you can select map / street view). Your position is shown on the map....moving along to show the route you have taken.

If for example you were 'rear ended' a movement is detected and this also shows by way of an embedded display.

This is good for providing reliable evidence.

Sits just in front of my rear view mirror, very discrete. Captures audio also. I removed the audio from mine so the expletives were removed!

Go to http://www.roadhawk.co.uk this is what I have in mine(others are available), knowing your aversion to electrical fitting? Search for approved fitters on the road hawk site, I picked up the +12v acc feed in the roof and used that with the camera behind the rear view mirror, don't forget the hard wiring kit if you want to do this! the other choice is the aux power socket aka cigar lighter but I couldn't hack the wire hanging down.

Search for road hawk vouchers and you can get 10% off the parts! there is a sister site www.dogcamsport.co.uk

Gus

Edit: meant to say if in doubt talk to them, they are really nice helpful guys.

I used the cigarette lighter fitting, but all cables are well hidden in trim, only shows just as the cables leaves from under the glove box, but even that is very neat.

I fitted mine similar to Gust (I think it was his post that I copied basically - little reminder to anyone who does same ... The roof console is VERY firmly attached! I used a claw hammer to pull it down :) )

• Like 1

Dash cams look to be the next "big thing" in terms of motoring accessories. The upside is that they will be able to provide evidence of what actually happened in some accidents but the downside is that the do-gooder brigade will have a field day with it - just imagine all those emails to local plod with attached video files of local "bad drivers". Lots of opportunity for neighbourhood revenge, I reckon.

As Lee says, the prices are tumbling as more manufacturers pile into the market and there is a growing number of models. Honest John's website has a review of available kit as well as outline legal specs. It seems that the unit cannot be fitted within the swept area of the wipers unless it's an area already obscured by something like the rear-view mirror. I have also read that it is only a matter of time before some bright spark edits a clip to enhance their own position in a litigation which will in turn lead to regulation and the need for cams to be certified for evidential use in the same way as speed cams, vascar, etc are now

The only place I've seen driving like that is in Malta, where they try to drive in the shade... :help: