Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Query About Cabin Lighting - Broken Bulbs?

Bad Astronaut

Hi there - I've recently acquired a Auris TR 58 plate.

I notice the cabin lighting a bit different to my old Corolla.

Is there supposed to be a lamp near the electric window controls? Only the part that says AUTO is lit, not the central locking buttons. Also the wing mirror switch isn't illuminated - is this normal? The front light angle switch does have a light. Finally the light around the cigarette lighter seems to only sometimes work.

My poor Corolla Colour Collection ran in to a fully grown doe at 70mph and both were written off! Sorry if I'm a bit out of the game!

Thanks,

Peter

Oh Deer sorry to hear that, still at least you are okay, Cars can be replaced people can't...

Yup what you describe is all normal - only the auto button is lit.

I've had two Auris since my 2006 Corolla Colour Collection - a 2009 Auris and now a 2012 Auris. Things that the Corolla had that the Auris doesn't, were the finishing touches like rubber mats in the base of the door pockets, the centre console oddments compartment that was fabric lined to limit rattling, etc.

Anyway on the Auris the mirror controls aren't illuminated. Without going out to the garage to check, from memory the window switches are (though faint). The steering wheel switches are - at least on my 2012 model.

Can't remember whether the cigar lighter only illuminates with the lights on -I'll check in the morning.

Oh trust me - we've done all of the deer puns and that was just with the police after it happened.

That's for the tips from the rest of you - I'll have a closer look. I think what confused me was the lock button not being lit - sometimes useful at night!

A colleague, whilst on holiday in the Lake District, skidded on black ice and collided with a pony and trap. No-one was hurt, but the pony ended up actually sitting on the bonnet of my colleague's car. There was a lot of horsing about after that one.

It did improve the looks of his Peugeot 206 though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links