Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10 Years Of Warranty

Rob Stubbs

Sorry Robert........I was trying to explain to a fellow Scotsman that a certain very large Toyota dealer here, north of Watford, was certainly not as good in some respects as he was in others.

I read that "Watford" as "Wallyford" :) heheh. Definitely hard to understand if ye cannae read. :)

"Trade it in, mucker, but not to those Edingbureau ***** dealers at Sighthill whose reputation goes before thum, min.

Bring it through to Scotland's real capital, we will wash it, and go see Arnie 10 minutes away."

They aren't at Sighthill any more (& tbh I found them pretty good).

On the other hand when I was looking for my recent change neither of the Glasgow ACs would play ball at all despite having 2 cars in stock that I would have taken there & then.

Their loss, my gain - I got a 2.2 T-Spirit for the same price that AC wanted for a 2.0 TR but I had to go to Birmingham ...

I suppose I also thought WT West were ok a while ago. Bought my RAV from them and even though it wasn't exactly plain sailing, they came good in the end. But then they moved into a shiny new office sited between BMW and Lexus [ at "luxury car village" <puke>]... and promptly developed massive delusions of grandeur. I found that competence was swiftly replaced with arrogance and inflated prices. Last time I was there for the MOT; I got in touch with a salesman and asked to look at other RAVs and possibly trade-in for something younger. The salesman couldn't be bothered meeting me on the day. The person doing the MOT got the milage massively wrong on the MOT certificate, had to fix at DVLA. They hardly even apologised. The next time they wanted over two times the price I ended up paying for a service at another Toyota garage. Stopped bothering to ask them for anything...

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that the Toyota website has revised the Toyota Extended Warranty conditions.

You can now extend the warranty to include vehicles up to 10 years old by contacting your dealership or the Toyota Warranty Office.

See http://www.toyota.co.uk/insurance-and-warranty/extended-warranty

Previously an extended warranty up to a vehicle age of 10 years was only available if The Warranty Group (who manage the Toyota Extended Warranty) contacted you re renewal.

Go to the Frequently Asked Questions section, click on 'Commitment & Choice', and the first paragraph states -

"A Toyota Extended Warranty is substantially similar to the warranty you get with a brand new car, but it applies to the car you own already, whether you were the first owner or you bought it used. The Toyota Extended Warranty can be renewed until the vehicle is 10 years old, and if a part covered by the Toyota Extended Warranty suffers electrical or mechanical failure at any time during the term, Toyota is committed to fixing it. You don't pay for replacement parts or labour."

Silly me . My Rav has an extended warranty that expires June 2014 at which the car will be 8.75 years old (I went for a limited mileage warranty when the car was three but hit the mileage limit when it was three months short of being 5 years old) . I wonder if it means you can renew the warranty at any point until the car is 10 years old or you can renew the warranty which will last until the car is 10 years old. That said I've paid out about £2000 and only had £300 back but if I don't renew you know what will happen on the day after expiry!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links