Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Questions About 90 Sr-5 Problems

rofl

Hi all :P

I just got my sr-5 last week. it's an old car but good enough for me, now i'm learning about it to get in love with it B). I have some problems hope some1 can help me diagnostic (well I'm a newbie when talking about car).

First, When I make a turn (to the right) the rpm just seem to stay low for a second or two despire i hit the gas hard or not. I feel the car jugling and then it kinda jump forward. Sometime when i hit gas too hard the engine just stall and turn off. I have to rastart again. That doesn't happen when i make a left turn. <_<

Second, the problem just happen today after i take out the air filter to check(not when i bougt the car), The engine when idle or at stop sign just saking I mean rumble and I feel the vibration. It just like 1..1...12345

Third, When I hit accelerate from 0 to 40 it just so slowww And the rpm go over 3000 too. After 40 the car just get a boot and move way faster.

Those are all problem right now hope I have some way lead to problems solving :). Oh I read the forum and think the first 1 because Dirty Air filter and fuel filter. i'm gonna check and change them tomorrow to see if poblem solve. But the second and third I need your help :)

Thank you all

I think the car just needs a full service.

Change:

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Oil Filter

Oil

Spark Plugs

Leads

Dizzy Components

Check and replace if neccessary:

Coolant

Belts

Brake components

Brake, gearbox, steering and clutch fluids

Exhaust System - Make sure it's not blowing

HTH :thumbsup:

I think the car just needs a full service.

Change:

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Oil Filter

Oil

Spark Plugs

Leads

Dizzy Components

Check and replace if neccessary:

Coolant

Belts

Brake components

Brake, gearbox, steering and clutch fluids

Exhaust System - Make sure it's not blowing

HTH :thumbsup:

:eek: my god that's a whole big list for a poor ***** like me. I will fix the upper list first but what's a dizzy components, and lead using for? :lol: I'm starting from scratch. And how to check and know that the timming belt has to be change? :thumbsup:

:eek: my god that's a whole big list for a poor ***** like me. I will fix the upper list first but what's a dizzy components, and lead using for? :lol: I'm starting from scratch. And how to check and know that the timming belt has to be change? :thumbsup:

A Dizzy is the Distributor Cap and all the bits inside - it's quite crucial that all bits are in good condition to keep a good quality spark ;) The brushes can wear down and other bits can often get caked up in grime and/or carbon. The leads are the cables between the dizzy and spark plugs - also they need to be changed every 20 000 miles or so. To check the belts, you just need to look at signs of perishing and make sure they are tight. Very old belts will have no marking left on them either.

Try get a service manual for the car. Haynes is your best bet. You can buy them online or at most motor spares outlets Haynes Website

:thumbsup:

The manual for an SR5 should be available in your country as we can get them here too even though the vehicles are not too common at all ;)

post-50-1084290046.jpg

I brought my car to a garage neear my work place. Holy sh*t when mechanic guy take out spark plug, parts felt off every where :eek: That explain the rumble vibration i feel and stalling when make a turn. And rotor parts have to be change too. Also he said about "purge a system" I understand it like cleaning the whole system. So at last he changed cap, wires, plugs, rotor and done a purge but not a fuel filter. Maybe because of system purge, the fuel filter don't need to be change? All of those cost me almost 400 :mad: I don't know I got rip off or not but just glad that the car are better now. Slowness, high rev from 0-40 km/h not fix yet. Any ideas or recommend? :thumbsup:

It probably still needs a few service parts.

Oil

Oil filter

Air filter

Fuel Filter

When buying second hand cars, you never really know what you are going to get, even if it does get a full inspection from a mechanic beforehand. Older cars will need even more attention primarily because of the life-span of parts. My corolla has cost me nearly twice what I paid for it just to keep it rolling and it's still not done!!! :ffs:

Actually I changed oil, oil filter and air filter the only think left is fuel filter. Should I change it? or system purge is enought?