Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Fuelling Issue After Accident?

Paul.macfadyen

Hey guys,

Hoping yous can help here!

I have just bought a damaged 07 2.2D-cat T180 Auris.

Loads of fuel in, turns over fine, fuel filter is full of diesel but will not fire unless you spray easy start into the mani.

Car is still damaged and airbags are deployed.

Is there some sort of fuel cut off switch of which is activated in event if an accident?

The auxiliary belt is snapped but I don't think this will be causing any issues just to get the thing started.

Also any front end parts would be considered for repair.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Most modern cars with fuel injection have an inertia "crash" switch fitted to cut fuel flow to the injectors in the event of a crash

Not sure of the location on the Auris but it is often inside the passenger compartment under the front seats

Thanks for that, you couldn't point me in the right direction to finding further information about this, could you?

Found the following Toyota USA document which, at page 12, has a description of the inertia switch, shows an approximate location of where it is, and also shows a reset button - http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h42.pdf

May be similar for European models.

Thanks again, I found that but it doesn't exactly state whether it was model specific or anything.

I'm going to try ringing toyota tomorrow and hopefully get some joy from them.

That link you posted is the only one on the web I could find relating to auris inertia which gave me the impression that there mustn't be one but seems a bit of a grey area ... Must get a common as dogs muck car next time!!

I will keep yous posted with any joy I have.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links