Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise From Exaust On Avensis 2Ltr Disel

Blodders02

I have just changed my 54 plate avensis for a 58 plate Tr Disel. There is an annoying noise that sounds like it coming from the turbo. This does not happen all the time just when the engine is under load. it comes in at 1800 rpm and has gone by 2000 rpm If I accelerate hard no noise there is no loss of power and the mpg is not effected. The dealer has washed their hands of it saying it's nothing important. 1 month left on the warranty Can anybody help ???

Hello David - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to the Avensis forum, as you're more likely to get quick responses with the topic there.

I have just changed my 54 plate avensis for a 58 plate Tr Disel. There is an annoying noise that sounds like it coming from the turbo. This does not happen all the time just when the engine is under load. it comes in at 1800 rpm and has gone by 2000 rpm If I accelerate hard no noise there is no loss of power and the mpg is not effected. The dealer has washed their hands of it saying it's nothing important. 1 month left on the warranty Can anybody help ???

Hello David,

I'm 99% sure the noise is coming from the plastic air inlet plpe

at the filter box, the poor quality seal will be perished and needs replacing with some foam etc then a couple of small self tapping screws to keep everything nice an rigid. Also have look inside the filter box and you may find part of the old seal in there :-)

Pete.

Here is a picture it's the entry tube near to where the wording points to "air cleaner case".

Click on the picture to enlarge it, I hope this helps.

Pete.

post-74463-0-70560900-1386938473_thumb.p

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links