Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Battery On-Line

the fox

Think before you buy a Battery on-line, I bought a Varta G7 from mega Battery sore good price etc, but it let the wife down, the AA jumped started the Rav4, they also checked the belts and charge rate, I contacted the mega store who said I had to get the Battery checked locally, Kwik fit checked it with their computer battery checker and condemned the battery, battery mega store only do a charge and discharge test they passed the battery, The battery is high resistance and the alternator believes the battery is fully charge because of the high resistance, I had to buy another battery, it also takes time sending it back etc, if you want a battery buy locally and save the hassle

• Like 1

Sound advice is that, makes complete sense to me.

For a good number of years I have only bought from a local Battery supplier and the only time I had a problem it was sorted there and then to my satisfaction

If it has a Battery on it they can supply, from watches, to mobility aids and road going vehicles.

So I think they know batteries inside out

Does for me every time, does that :thumbsup:

Del

I went straight to Mr T for mine, there's a lot to be said for face to face service..

tbh Mr T's fixed prices aren't bad, the product is guaranteed & you have peace of mind.

• Like 1

We've had 7 various Toyotas since 2001 and have had to purchase one Battery in that time. Mr. T's price was keen, included fitting plus 4-yr warranty, drive in - drive out. No brainer.

Sound advice is that, makes complete sense to me.

For a good number of years I have only bought from a local battery supplier and the only time I had a problem it was sorted there and then to my satisfaction

If it has a battery on it they can supply, from watches, to mobility aids and road going vehicles.

So I think they know batteries inside out

Does for me every time, does that :thumbsup:

Del

Reading this again I wish to emphasis that my comments were that as a customer only and I have no ulterior motive when I did so, so no names, no pack drill. Or is that phrase not used or understood any more??

Discharged Del

Think before you buy a battery on-line, I bought a Varta G7 from mega battery sore good price etc, but it let the wife down, the AA jumped started the Rav4, they also checked the belts and charge rate, I contacted the mega store who said I had to get the battery checked locally, Kwik fit checked it with their computer battery checker and condemned the battery, battery mega store only do a charge and discharge test they passed the battery, The battery is high resistance and the alternator believes the battery is fully charge because of the high resistance, I had to buy another battery, it also takes time sending it back etc, if you want a battery buy locally and save the hassle

I am only 8 miles from the Tewkesbury Battery Megastore so dealt with them directly. The service was excellent and price unbeatable, and before any sceptics ask I'm just a satisfied customer!

Was it quite cheap on-line?

Things like car batteries I rarely buy on-line as the delivery charges tend to be extremely high due to the weight of all that lead; Much easier to pop down to a Eurocarparts, Halfords or even Toyota!