Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Rav 4

mudinuri

Hi all,

Can anyone please answer the following questions.

1) The clock on my RAV doesn"t seem to be working. Is this a common fault or is there a fuse blown? Any ideas?

2) Looking at the engine from the front, the Belt which turn the Alternator on the Drivers side, is this the Cambelt? Sorry to sound so thick, but I really don"t know much about mechanical things.

3) Why aren"t there loads of photos of owners RAVs? or am I looking in the wrong place.

Cheers

Wotcha Dave,it is better to follow your original post (OP) when pursueing the same subject as it confuses the old braims that some of us have i.e. me

Anchorman has posted info re the timing belt and yes you can see it,the belt I mean

This info and other useful entries should be under the last pinned one at the top of the page when you click on the rav4 section, I say should because on my puter it does'nt seem to work (note to the powers that be that this may be same for everyone,please)

Think the clock runs through the same fuse as the gauges and interior light so if they are woorking it would tend to point to a faulty clock. not sure now if this is for the clock back light only though.

Have you looked in the pinned section headed RAV photies?

Edited by crofter

The clock is notorious ! On the early RAVs, it failed fairly quickly... due to a dry solder joint on its own circuitry. On a few occasions it will work, then go off for a few months. I found a sharp thump on the top of the dashboard would make it work, but the next jolt it got would put it off again.

Taking the dash out to repair it is too much hassle - I replaced the radio with a JVC unit which shows the time amongst other things.