Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Intake Kits? Worth It Or Not?

jameshendry18

Makes it sound better but other than that not much difference... :no:

The horsepower increases marginally but the mileage goes down as you use more fuel.

I tried one when I first got mine and felt like a boy racer which is not quite the image for an Aygo :driving:

If you want more intake noise, then these will provide that. If you want more power, then be careful. I tried 2 on earlier cars which actually lost power ! That was proven on a dyno, not just hearsay.

What's it supposed to do anyway? Surely that tiny mushroom can't provide significantly higher airflow over the giant pleated panel filter that comes stock!?

thanks for the replies think ill give that a miss for now then! just had fitted a custom stainless steel exhaust for £310 it looks and sound superb not too over the top tho.

I tried one when I first got mine and felt like a boy racer

Oh dear......save us from that image :lol:

I would second the no go on the filter kit. Only worth considering if you need additional airflow after other engine mods. As has been said, they can actually lose power on a standard setup, especially if they are in a location which draws in more hot air than standard.

James, do you mind telling us where you got your exhaust? I am considering a twin centre for mine soon as its pretty rotten. I have steered away from custom exhausts due to concerns over noise but if yours sounds ok I may give it a punt.