Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demisting Windscreen Whilst Keeping Warm On Face

LuxVati

Hello TOC Members,

This is my first winter as owner of a Toyota Prius T-Spirit.

I find that if have the 'mode' button to 'feet and windscreen' my windscreen still steams up.

Windscreen also steams up when 'mode' is on 'face.'

I have to resort to the dedicated windscreen demisting button to demist the windscreen.

Ideally I want the hot air to blow in my face, and yet have windscreen remain clear, as used to be in the car I had before I acquired this hybrid super car.

Have any one faced this problem, or have I not yet understood the correct use of my Toyota a/c system buttons?

Kind regards.

Have you got A/C switched on as I find in my Lexus CT and Ford CMax that they mist up this time of the year without A/C switched on. Normally I find leaving the settings on Auto keeps everything clear, only if jump in the car and the windscreen is misted over already do I have to hit the screen button to get max airflow to the screen for few mins. Hope that helps, appreciate don't have a Prius but found this works same in all cars I have had with Climate Control.

Have you got A/C switched on as I find in my Lexus CT and Ford CMax that they mist up this time of the year without A/C switched on. Normally I find leaving the settings on Auto keeps everything clear, only if jump in the car and the windscreen is misted over already do I have to hit the screen button to get max airflow to the screen for few mins. Hope that helps, appreciate don't have a Prius but found this works same in all cars I have had with Climate Control.

+1 with the 2012 Prius+.

But the 2010 Prius Gen3 I used to have only seemed to demist the bottom half of the screen until the heat came up (about 10 minutes later), even with the screen demister on.

+1 to this also, as well as make sure you are bringing fresh air in from outside (i. e. don't have recirc on) and set the climate control at a temperature you find comfortable say 18, 19 or 20 deg. If you have it too hot relative to the outside temp, it will be worse of a problem.

If you can't have recirc off (e. g. you're in heavy [read smelly] motorway traffic or dusty road), then you will have to use the screen demister switch from time to time to clear the screen - it's something to do with the science of it all.

Also on Auto, I found that the four upper vents (which incidentally you should keep all open) had a good flow of air and you could direct one or both to your face if you like it like that. Personally I find it too much and I direct mine just passed me. The idea of climate control is, in actual fact, to heat the whole cabin not just me.

The demist button in the gen3 will max the fan, direct air to the windscreen, kick in the A/C and make sure the airflow is coming from outside.

Once demisted, you can experiment by pressing the mode button and opening vents to have the air coming out elsewhere as well as the windscreen.

I use the demist button to clear the screen on days like today when outside covered in ice and inside covered in condensation/ice. Once clear I find the auto setting keeps the screen clear and keeps me warm with temp set to 20ºC (with a/c on)