Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vehicle Tax - Certificate Of Insurance

FROSTYBALLS

From Monday 23rd December, changes in the application process for renewing vehicle tax will mean one won't need to show the certificate of insurance. Electronic databases will be used to check insurance, and there are also revised processes in place for uninsured vehicles.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25398499

I wonder what the procedure is when there is a 'glitch' in the system and the insurance or car-tax isn't logged...

According to the news article DVLA will have more than one database to access - "The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will use centrally-held databases to ensure that vehicles are insured."

You will have your copy, the DVLA have access to the insurance industries database.

If you have ever paid for tax online they check the status of your insurance policy before completing the transaction.

I'd rather have a disc on the window to remind me that it was due to expire. You don't always get a reminder. The wife and I have four vehicles between us, for winter (4x4) and more economic summer cars. She is a midwife and I work for the emergency services, so not making it in to work is not appreciated. The thought of electronic back up with the repercussions of points and big fines doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Good thing about not having to log in to SORN bikes etc that you don't use yearly though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links