Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corrosion On 3Rd Generation Rav 4 Floor Pans

The Bald One

Thank you Big Kev for the offer of a pre - inspection. I'm up in Moray near Huntly but have no problem travelling anywhere in the UK for the right car. I recently trailered an E Class up from the Channel Islands back home so Glasgow is easy.

Thanks too for the link to the sticky giving the usual EGR related issues. I did think the 134bhp 2.2 diesel was relatively robust and it was the 180bhp model that was prone to give problems?

I think all modern diesels are encumbered with emmission related issues and have removed and blanked off the swirl flaps on my BMW and done the resistor trick on my 2007 E class to bypass the stepper motor/ECU. Both have since passed MOTs with a clean bill of health. I'm sure that there will be a similar solution to the RAV4.[/quot

Baldy min.........you have brought a car from the Channel Islands? Only know that Jersey, and am nae expert, but will it not have spent most of its life in air and around watter WELL POLLUTED with salt.......aye.....? LOL.

Once owned a car which originated from That Aberdeen........at least when watter got in, it got back oot all yon rust holes quite quick.

Good local dealer near you IMHO........Albert Cumming@ Crown Motors near Turriff........have bought from him.......A1.

My last VW Golf, famed for their bulletproof bodywork also spent its previous 4yrs in that Aberdeen Kev..The underside was like a rusty nail.

No idea about young RAVs. My 2 20 year old RAVs have the following issues with rust..

- rust up at top of windscreen corners - due to mis-fitting of replacement screens and not using the right goo

- rust at footwells particularly on passenger side, caused by water coming through ill-fitting windscreens

- around rear wheel arches at the lip/edge - cos I allowed it to fester without giving the underside a good wash.

- the petrol filler tube and breather pipe well corroded

Number 1 RAV has now been completely stripped of all carpets and most of the interior plastic. One other place found was the rear shock absorber turret with a little rust around it.

Other than that, all ok.

Thank you Big Kev for the offer of a pre - inspection. I'm up in Moray near Huntly but have no problem travelling anywhere in the UK for the right car. I recently trailered an E Class up from the Channel Islands back home so Glasgow is easy.

Thanks too for the link to the sticky giving the usual EGR related issues. I did think the 134bhp 2.2 diesel was relatively robust and it was the 180bhp model that was prone to give problems?

I think all modern diesels are encumbered with emmission related issues and have removed and blanked off the swirl flaps on my BMW and done the resistor trick on my 2007 E class to bypass the stepper motor/ECU. Both have since passed MOTs with a clean bill of health. I'm sure that there will be a similar solution to the RAV4.[/quot

Baldy min.........you have brought a car from the Channel Islands? Only know that Jersey, and am nae expert, but will it not have spent most of its life in air and around watter WELL POLLUTED with salt.......aye.....? LOL.

Once owned a car which originated from That Aberdeen........at least when watter got in, it got back oot all yon rust holes quite quick.

Good local dealer near you IMHO........Albert Cumming@ Crown Motors near Turriff........have bought from him.......A1.

My last VW Golf, famed for their bulletproof bodywork also spent its previous 4yrs in that Aberdeen Kev..The underside was like a rusty nail.

All of the 2.2 . 2AD series engines are prone to developing engine problems. It is not just the T180 vehicles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links