Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Put Petrol In D4D 2.2

jimtaxi

Put 7 litres of petrol in then filled up with correct fj

uel car went ok then two days later eng vsc trc lights now on what dl i look for

cheers taxijim

I have read that you should not run the engine as the fuel pump could be damaged. It depends how much petrol to diesel ratio is. 7 litres may or may not be damage the pump or fuel systems.

If you are lucky you could keep topping up the diesel and it may clear, but the emission system may be affected.

The next stage if the problem persists, is to drain and flush the system. Very expensive.

Finally if the fuel pump and fuel system have any damage, that is the worst case scenario.

diesel is a natural lubricant so by adding petrol the lubrication has been taken away so anything on the fuel system side could be damaged from the fuel pump through to injectors.i think an inspection is required.

• Like 1

The Mrs did that 2 weeks ago to our Grand Voyager 2.8L XS oil burner! She put 20 squid of V-Power petrol in! Cost £215 for RAC to pump it out plus the £180 of fuel! A very Happy Christmas!!! Not :(

• Like 1

Sometimes a small amount will burn through and it wont make much difference. Other times it can be very costly.

Id recommend you change the diesel filter, keep topping up the tank with diesel to keep the petrol diluted and get the errors checked on a diagnostic machine. That'll tell you where to start at least.

• Like 1