Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So So Gutted!

mad_for_celicas

:crybaby: Today i went to see an imported V-reg 190bhp Auto Tiptronic Celica described as "immaculate". Well, the garage had taken off the alloys, lied about the mileage, it had obviously been in an accident at some point in its life and the radio was still only suited to the Japanese frequencies. But all this was nothing compared with the biggie -

On checking the dipstick, there was water in the oil and the oil had turned a kind of milky colour - as if becoming emulsified. On revving the car it blew out clouds and coulds of white smoke (and i mean A LOT!!) and there was water pouring out of the exhaust like there was no tomorrow. Surely this is a sign of head gasket trouble or a cracked block? Please tell me this isn't a common problem in Celicas. According to the odometre it had only done 31k (although this was double what it had been advertised as!!)

Now feeling very disheartened. Am i destined to spend the rest of my life travelling vast distances to see heaps of junk???!!! :ffs:

this sounds like a one off, not somthing iv'e heard of b4.sounds like the seller wants reporting to trading stds for that one

sorry mate, but it sounds like your right about the head gasket and the cracked head, i feel it is a common problem with celicas, good luck.

I have had my car for 6 months she didnt come with any history at all, I have not had her serviced yet and so far she is running smooooothly.

One of the lucky one I guess. :thumbsup:

Dont touch it, sounds like a dawg! how much are you willing to pay if you dont mind me asking, and do you want a 190 or 140?

No, i'm not going to touch it! It was a DOG and a half! I'm desperate to get my hands on one, but not that desperate!

Its definitley the 190bhp one that I want. Preferably tiptronic, but these are only available as imported models. Looking to pay about £10-11k.

you should get a nice one for that ammount, try www.ebay.co.uk and www.adtrader.co.uk and search vvtli or vvti :blink:

:o Yeah, i search autotrader everyday!! There's 3 suitable ones on there at the moment, but i live in deepest darkest West Wales so it involves a lot of travelling around. Plus i have to take my Dad, cos I'm a bit of a clueless bird when it comes to cars! I'd buy anything just cos they look nice! And lets face it, Celicas nearly always LOOK nice!

So is that yours in the pic? SO LUSH! It looks like my dream! :P

Yeah i had the same trouble being from south wales, i had to travel to somerset to get mine. i think i bought it through exchange and mart online. do you plan on leaving it standard or you gonnna mod it. :hokus-pokus:

;) I'll probably be leaving it pretty much as it is. Sometimes you just shouldn't mess with natural beauty! Although I could be tempted by a very discreet bodykit :arrgg-matey:

I've seen a couple of nice ones in the Auto Trader, which are imports with body kits. Not too cheesy, so i might go and have a look this weekend.

Is yours the 190 or 140?

Its a 140 i couldnt find a mint 190 so i plumped for a 140 the one in the pic below isnt mine, im still trying to work out how to get my pic uploaded.

So far ive lowered 30mm fitted 17" black widow alloys and lexus style lights (which i had to mod) and a kenwood flip out tv dvd player (tv-tuner is in the boot) antenna is in side windows,thats pretty much it so far but im toying with a vielside body kit, dunno about that yet still stewing on it. oh and maybe an induction kit.

will post some pics soon i guess ,got a mate who will upload them on his website.

www.rallysport.com

www.evohire.com/ PLUG PLUG!! :thumbsup:

I would love to see a pic of it. What colour is it?

So do you find the 140 powerful enough? They always say it lacks

"mid-range grunt", but seeing as the 190 delivers its power above 6000rpm is this not really an issue? My bro says i should settle for a 140, but i'd always feel like i was missing out... i think that if i'm gonna spend a load of cash I might as well go the whole hog! :rolleyes:

Its a silver jobby, i will try and do a few pics on the weekend if the weather is fine, maybe if i cant upload em i can email them to you.

i do find it abit underpowered its not slow you just gotta rev the t.ts off it, its vg on the motorway with the six speed box. but im used to riding bikes so any car i drive kinda feels slow but overall im very happy with it, its done umm 23k i think with history and its uk spec.and handling wise its like a GoKart since its been re-sprung.rides abit hard though, if you have anybody in the back and hit a hump at speed you can be sure of hearing a thump as they hit their heads.

Yeah looks really nice, dynamic pack aswell full leather and climate, mines on a y plate 2001 give you a rough idea i paid 11750 for mine (he wanted 13k) lower mileage though mines 23k ish and mines not dynamic (no leather interior) bit of a trek for you though essex, by the way make sure you do a history check before you part with your hard earned, and crash history and finance.

ARGHHHHHHHH!! :( Its all beginning to do my head in! Am i just so caught up in wanting a Celica that i will get a 140bhp when before i really said i didn't want one? That black one looks the business though, doesn't it? It's also on AutoTrader for £11,450...

Really don't want to fork out that money and be dissappointed performance-wise. Can you chip the 140?

Plus, it is quite high mileage and its been owned by a lease company, so might not have been that well looked after by the previous owner....

Maybe i should just calm down and WAIT!! ****, it's all getting too much for me! :!Removed!:

there are mods out for the 140 induction de-cat and the like. even a super-charger

you should get a nice 2000(w plate) for about 10k i guess just keep looking one will turn up im sure.

i know there are a few in cardiff (showrooms)

:P Yes, looks nice and its about 10 miles down the road from me!! Might go and see it and have a drive to see if i like the 140... if i do i'm going to have that black one if its the last thing i do!!

Yeeeehaaaaaaaa :arrgg-matey:

:thumbsup: you should stick with what you want.. 190 sit tight and one will turn up.. and then you can blow the 140 at the lights :P

QUOTE (Fozzy @ May 14 2004, 11:06 PM)

this looks a bargain at 10k

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2478459649&rd=1

I don't think it's that good!

When I traded in my 2001 Celica A YEAR AGO, it was on the forecourt for £13,995 - so I expect it sold for a shade over £13,000.

And of course my car had the Premium Pack (front leather seats, electric sunroof & digital climate control) and Dynamic Pack (17" alloys, rear spoiler, sideskirts & front skirts).

So that car on ebay equivelent to being 2 years older than mine was (given that I got rid a year ago) and is of much lesser spec.

I'm curious to the auto 140bhp version being 0-60 in 8.3 given that the UK manual only does it in 8.7.