Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Tr/sr Badges

mickandjanet

Hi to all, I notice that the latest model Yaris does not have a model Badge fitted,ie: TR/SR etc, just has a Yaris Badge, was this introduced on the new model, if so for what reason?, presume if you wished to fit the part it is still available from Toyota Parts as was used for the previous model,

:xmas: Merry Xmas to All

Neither of my Auris (2009 and 2012) had the trim level identified anywhere on the exterior, and from the brochure neither does the current Yaris. Presumably it is a trend Toyota is following. Personally it doesn't bother me either way.

Try sending Parts King a personal message enquiring about prices for the badges.

Our 2010 Auris does not have a model Badge its a TR but our Yaris's 2004/2005 have T Sprit and T3.must be on later cars they delete the Badge

I imagine it is cost (and weight?) trimming.

To be fair most people looking at the back of most cars don't have any idea what Tr, T3, or the many other cryptic clues car makers use for specs, mean. So not much point in cluttering it up.

Years ago automatics were nearly always badged, then turbos, then 16V, but you hardly ever see any of them OEM badged these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed on the Yarises that 2006-2008 versions had D-4D branding on the front wings of the diesel versions but these weren't continued when the cars were facelifted for 2009-2011. I can usually identify the different engines of the cars by the exhaust back-box now I'm that used to them.

Also noticed the 2010 TR doesn't have TR branding on the back yet the 2007-2009 TR cars have. Can't remember if 2010 T2s have their T2 badges on but I know T-SPIRIT cars in 2011 had their badges.

Noticed on the Yarises that 2006-2008 versions had D-4D branding on the front wings of the diesel versions but these weren't continued when the cars were facelifted for 2009-2011. I can usually identify the different engines of the cars by the exhaust back-box now I'm that used to them.

Also noticed the 2010 TR doesn't have TR branding on the back yet the 2007-2009 TR cars have. Can't remember if 2010 T2s have their T2 badges on but I know T-SPIRIT cars in 2011 had their badges.

If I'm not mistaken the TR Badge was first introduced on the Yaris in 2008, They were modeled as Zinc in 2006 - 2007.

One thing I never worked out is why my ex mobility yaris that has a TR Badge only came with steel wheels. According to the old toyota brochure it should have come with alloys. Not a big problem, just wondered.

The spec changed quite a bit around that time and it seemed to be changing almost monthly, the sales people couldn't keep up, the brochures were constantly out of date, it was a nightmare and a lottery on what you was going to receive. It didn't stop at the wheels either, air bags fell victim also. This was down to cutbacks due to the recession I believe.

Toyota revise their brochures four times a year, generally in January April, June/July and October, and sometimes there are tweaks to the specs which the updated brochures show. When I bought my previous Auris in October 2009, the chrome strip on the tailgate was listed in the January brochure, but deleted from the April brochure - no great hardship.

Sometimes with organisations like Motability, they get offered discounted models which differ from the standard spec.