Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had Enough.......

Miseryguts

I have had a few issues with my Auris but this last one is a belter !!!!!

My car doesn't get used a great deal (maybe twice a week) due to my caring duties at home.

Anyway,last week I decided to give it a good clean and sort out the swirls and scratches left by overzealous valet guys.

The car was pre registered with only 40 miles on it when I bought it a few weeks ago.

While washing it the sun appeared and my mouth fell open.

The front and rear bumpers look like they have been sprayed with the sparkly stuff that girls wear in there party makeup.

The bumpers lit up like christmas tree lights while the body panels look "normal".

Sun goes in and the lights go off and everything seems to improve (although there is still a marked difference).

I checked one or two other black metallic cars in my local supermarket car park,no problem.

My last two cars were black metallic,no problem.

Off I went back to my "dealer" they all inspected it and the comment ranged from "they all do that" to " yes I can see the problem" to "they paint the bumpers in a different part of the factory"

A different COUNTRY more like.

Now I am waiting to hear from the "paint shop manager",god knows how long that will take.

On the way home from the dealer I called into a body shop to get a "unbiased" opinion.

The guy said "blimey,is that a bad spray job from an accident repair"

I said "no its a 2 month old car".

He said "do you want me to fix it for you?"

I said "no its Toyotas job but I am not holding my breath as to how competent they are going to be in fixing it"

I don't think this car will be in my garage very long after Christmas ( I have already found a replacement,not a Toyota)

Toyota,you talk the talk but you cannot walk the walk.

End of rant.

The trouble with buying any used car, albeit even a pre-reg, is you cannot 100% verify the history.

It sounds like your car has had some accident (bumper) damage in it's first 40 miles and it was a bad paint repair match. Metallic black is very difficult to match that's why I never chose it, and the fact it is a bugger to clean, and it always shows the paint swirl marks.

White for me every time.

Good luck with Toyota, but this type of issue is not just limited to them.

The bumpers look rather pretty.

Problem is that the rest of the car does not match,in fact you are hard pushed to see any metallic on the car body at all.

It all looks a bit tragic.

What with the swirls and scratches this has got to be the WORST car with regard to bodywork that I have EVER owned (started driving in 1967).

Truthseeker, both front and rear are the same condition,so accident damage is unusual for both bumpers.

Back in 2000 I owned a black metallic Grand Vitara 4x4.

Someone hit the back end and split the bumper.

Cut a long story short the car went into Suzuki and I asked for my loan car.

"You won't need one as the job only takes about an hour" I was told.

The guy said the bumpers come over already painted.

My bumper was a perfect match,so its not impossible to achieve.

"The trouble with buying any used car, albeit even a pre-reg, is you cannot 100% verify the history."

Similarly with a "new" car too. Nobody really knows 100% , or will divulge, what happens to a car from leaving the assembly line final quality check to the customer picking it up.