Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns310 Ctr Display Frozen And Does Not Switch Off !

Gunther76

Hello,

I have a 2006 avensis T25 with the small monochrome center display (milage and navigation) but i have the problem that the display is frozen and when i shut down the engine the display stays on,the buttons unther the display does also not work.

Do i have to reset the system (and how) or does someone knows how to fix it?

Thanks,

Günther

I disconnected the Battery and after 15 min. tried again but now the display does not switch on,does someone has a circuit diagram of the display?

I disconnected the battery and after 15 min. tried again but now the display does not switch on,does someone has a circuit diagram of the display?

Hello mate ,

this MAY help you (sorry not got time to search the whole thing today), it's a .pdf of the audio/visual system.

Best regards,

Pete.

AUDIO & VISUAL SYSTEM.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I repaired the display,if someone has the same problem i can give you instructions to repair it (if it is the same problem).

I repaired the display,if someone has the same problem i can give you instructions to repair it (if it is the same problem).

Can you tell us on here exactly how you did it so it will always be searchable on the forum in the future.

Thanks

Pete.

Can you tell us on here exactly how you did it so it will always be searchable on the forum in the future.

Thanks

Pete.

Please.

I repaired the display,if someone has the same problem i can give you instructions to repair it (if it is the same problem)

Yes, I think in the forum should be unwritten rule- when somebody has a problem, after fixing it, to give " feedback " here how the problem been resolved.

• Like 2

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply but it was very busy here with the kids,you have to remove the cover from the part where the connectors are fitted and there you will see the pcb,there is a micro-controller on the board (black square part with label 784936agf148) and between that and the x-tall there you will see a smd resistor with a "O" printed on the top,this was broken.if you measure this with a ohm-meter it should be O ohm otherwise it is broken and needs to be replaced (you can just solder a wire over this like I did).

I plugged everything back and it worked.

I made a picture but how can I upload it here?

Happy New-Year !!!

Günther

Hello,

I made a picture but how can I upload it here?

Happy New-Year !!!

Günther

Click on More reply options than Browse/Attach this file...

I uploaded the pictures,one picture is with the broken smd and the other with the connectors of the unit because I could not find any info about these connectors (the unit in the avensis manual is with other type of connectors).

Best regards,

Günther

post-132368-0-82385600-1389008286_thumb.

post-132368-0-22067700-1389008288_thumb.

Thanks Gunther, that's very good information, how did trace it to that surface mounted resistor, was it burnt out?

Pete.

Just by measuring the components,and this smd with "O" was the first one.

The resistor was not burned,there is no visual damage.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

worked for me as well perfectly (although the mechanic was sure this cannot be the reason, I still asked him to check.. and surprise, surprise :) ), thanks Günther!

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 12/30/2013 at 9:13 PM, Gunther76 said:

Hi,

cant yoy tell me how did you fixit.

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

thanks Günther! worked for me as well

•  

• 2 months later...

Hi - I have this exact same problem.  How did you remove the display unit so that you could undertake the repair to the resistor?

Cheers,

Roy