Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift The Car Without Bending Sheet Metal?

brainii

Why did Toyota have to be so cheap? Every other car I had I could lift with a standrard or scissor jack and there would be no problem.

On the Auris though, those clip/jack points behind the front wheels keep bending every time I lift the car up (even using the standard Toyota jack). I straighten them back every time..

Don't anyone say that the supplied jack i's for emergencies only and to use god damn floor jack as I don't have one (and I shouldn't have to buy one anyway, plus my car is lowered), and neither do my local mechanics use a floor jack but raise on a standard 4 point jack/lift (which also bends the sheet metal clip points).

I have the same problem! Two are bent. Oh well. I'm using my own trolley jack too

According to the owners manual there are different jacking points for a trolley/floor jack - front and rear.

I guess if lots of people claim on warranty for broken bits they will start replacing with something better. Maybe you should get busy breaking them :D

Unless this is old Aurises (Aures?), in which case don't break them!!

Yes they're the first generation Auris (plural is Auris), though some will still be within their new car warranty period as they finished production in October 2012. As the 2013 Auris is based on the first generation (Type Approval was carried over for the 2013 model), wouldn't be surprised if the jacking points are common.

mine is the 1st gen. I must have done this bending/straightening task over 10 times so far!!!

Plus, every time the actual painted part on the bottom/side of the car is protruding outwards (and then straigthens back in every time).

Also, the plastic rivets inside the wheel arches are stressed/break often due to this.

I just ordered me some 20x rivets on eBay!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links