Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 D4D Engine Problem

xfx295

HI. I recently bought a 53 Avensis 2.0L D4D. About 2 weeks ago it started to develop a strange problem. When I start the engine it's idling at 800rpm and not 1000 as I was used to but drives ok for a couple of miles. After a couple of miles at around 2000rpm it loses all the power of the turbo and revs really hard till about 3000rpm and than regains full power.

The EGR is disconnected from both sides, I mean the small rubber pipe from it is loose on both sides (I bought the car like this but worked flawlessly till now). I know it sounds silly but I'm not a mechanic (yet :D, hope to learn some things here).

I've tried to put it on tester but the tester from the garage gave us the error "car Battery low, can not communicate" so I have no error codes. Any help apreciated!

Really sounds like EGR problem ... it's electrically controlled, so doesn't do anything until the engine is upto temperature.

The rubber hoses are for the coolant... worried that they are disconnected.... are they sealed? .... if not I've no idea how you're no loosing coolant!

It's a 10min job to remove the EGR, give it a spray with carb cleaner and check the operation of the valve (disconnect the solenoid at the top)...... if it doesn't close properly, then time for another ....

It's the small hose which is for air I think. That is disconnected and I don't know where to connect it back.

when I cleaned mine recently, the rubber pipes were full of coolant, the air channels are on the mating side of the inner face..... full of soot!

This is the hose i'm talking about, it's loose on both sides and I don't know where to connect it back.

post-136317-0-06167000-1387885410_thumb.

post-136317-0-09835300-1387885412_thumb.

Alright, i made a big mistake, that hose doesn't even connect to the EGR, so i have no idea what is that and where it comes from, the idea is that is loose. As you can see in the picture it's right near the EGR valve. Could someone identify that hose and tell me please where does it come from, cause it's an air hose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links