Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Difference

copystuff

Hi guys whats the difference between aTOYOTA YARIS 1.0 T SPIRIT and a Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVTi ?

Which Yaris are you referring to - the 1999-2005 model or the 2006-2011. Basically the differences are equipment levels.

See http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/toyota/yaris/hatchback-1999/

and http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/toyota/yaris/hatchback-2006/

• Like 1

Hi guys whats the difference between aTOYOTA YARIS 1.0 T SPIRIT and a Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVTi ?

v

Difference isn't the right term here; VVTi is the engine type (All the petrol engines are VVTi, the diesel is D4D), T-Spirit is the trim/equipment level (Other trims can include T2, T3, TR and SR).

You can, for instance, have a 1.0 VVTi T-Spirit, or a 1.4 D4D T-Spirit, or a 1.3 VVTi T3 etc.

Looking to buy my first yaris upto a 2005 model mainly for reliability and its just the size of car we need for 2 adults and 1 child, anyway wasnt sure of the best model to get hence the question above.

Whats the 2006 model like to drive is it any better than the older models which are a bit slow in steering input ?

Thanks for the links chaps

Mk2 is quite similar in handling etc., just bigger. The Mk3 has noticeably different feel, but frankly it isn't a proper Yaris :P :lol:

The Mk2 petrol ones are just as reliable as the Mk1 ones, it's just the diesel one that is a bit more concerning as it has a DMF (Although we've had Zero reports of problems with it on here AFAIK), and a DPF (Which people have had issues with, but only when the car is used exclusively around town).

With both the Mk1 and Mk2 it is better to get a later model/facelift one where they fixed all the little 'new-model-niggles', but most owners would have had those sorted by the dealer so if it has full dealer service history then it won't be an issue.

With the Mk1, T-Spirit model is a no-brainer as it has everything and doesn't add that much to the cost, esp. with the petrol ones. T-Spirit diesel ones, esp. 5 door ones, are extremely rare and quite expensive even now tho'!

For petrol, Mk2 deffo worth considering as they are cheaper to tax than the Mk1 petrols but don't have as many downsides over the Mk1 as the diesel ones do. You do lose the sunroof tho'!

Thanks i am going to look on eBay for a 2005/2006 TOYOTA YARIS 1.0 T SPIRIT the reason of going 1.0 engine is for the extra Mpg

Cool, good luck!

The 1.0 was very popular so you shouldn't have trouble finding one :)

The trick is finding one with low mileage and in good condition! :lol:

Cool, good luck!

The 1.0 was very popular so you shouldn't have trouble finding one :)

The trick is finding one with low mileage and in good condition! :lol:

Thats the problem i am not sure what a good price is i have seen some with 30-40k miles on the clock between £2000-£3000

Thats the problem i am not sure what a good price is i have seen some with 30-40k miles on the clock between £2000-£3000

Do a search on Autotrader and specify price and miles and distance: save a lot of work.

Well, for reference a high-mileage diesel one can got for 2-3k but low mileage ones in good nick still go for 4-5k! :eek:

I think 2-3k is about the going rate for a low mileage facelift/newer Mk1 petrol T-Spirit, although maybe a bit on the high side as that's more what I would expect for a 1.3!

To be honest, the engines are pretty robust so even higher mileages aren't too bad; The main problem with higher mileage ones is the condition of things like brakes and clutches, tyres etc. and whether they're likely to need replacing soon.