Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure?

BigMo82

I hope everyone has had a good festive period and had some time off.

I was trying to find out what PSI I should put in my Avensis wheels. The tyres are 215/45/R17. I'm sure I read somewhere in the manual that they should be 42psi which seems way to high or am I wrong?

Mo

Low profile soaks up alot more road vibration though, anything over 46 psi is probably to much.

So 42 psi sounds about right...

• Like 1

would have thought ~35psi but varies with load.

There should be a plate/sticker in the door frame with the info on it.

• Like 1

Yes there should be a plate/sticker on the base of the B pillar in the driver's door opening. Couple of websites I've checked this morning, both give the pressures as 34psi all round. See http://www.tyrepressurechecker.com/tyres/toyota/

• Like 1

As a general rule of thumb and this has always served me well.when i was in the tyre trade.Go by the size of the wheel.ie in this case 17inch then double it ..34 which gives you a MINIMUM psi,and then vary it accordingly on the weight you regularly carry,so lets say that you carry 2 passengers in the back and one up front increase the psi by 2 ort 3 psi,you wont go far wrong here.

• Like 1

35 psi all round. Higher pressures are 'advised' in the manual for continual high speed/high load work. 35 is the one to go for. Too high a pressure can slightly deform the tyre and reduce your contact patch hence reducing grip - not a good thing at this time of year.

Thanks for the replies, I usually go between 32-34 but was reading through the manual last night and was quite shocked by the figures in there.

Mo

• Like 1

Ok, I admit it: I had a panic and went to get the manual from the car. Panic over. It is 35 psi all round on yours and 42 (or 45/48 fully loaded) for speeds in excess of 100mph.

So, 35 psi. Which is nice.

(It was spotting that you are on 17 inch rims that got me flapping)

• Like 1

Lol, thanks for checking Druid Boy. I upped them all from 32 to 35 this morning.

Mo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links