Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extra Gommet On Weapon R Intakepipe

Maximum Paseo

I got my Weapon R Intake on sunday and been trying to figure out what the extra grommet is for. It is the 1st grommet on the left side of the pipe closest to the EFI.Is it some kind off blow off valve????

Have you got a breather off your crank case (a little filter sitting on top of the engine cover thingie)

if you have, its that, if you have not, and there is a small pipe, cable thing going from the engine to the intake, then i duno what it is.

your intake should have the following

a pipe (the intake itself), a filter on the end, along with 1 small grommet, which will then run to the breather on the crankcase / engine head thingie.

any more is just weird lol

there should be two for each end of the tube. two holding on to the tube, one to the manifold, and one to the filter if memory serves.

im confused...manifold???why would it go there???I have it hooked up to the breather and the other place with the small wire, but im left with one more grommet and out of silicone hose.

and im without a car till my new PCV valve is shipped to me.The other one snapped in half while I was working on my car.

I found the instructions.It says nothing about the extra grommet. Should I seal it up with electrical tape or leave it open????

crankcase / engine head thingie.

I know what a crankcase is,lol

grommet? i have no idea what you're talking about now. i thought you were talking about the rings you tighten to hold the whole thing together. nvm. grommet. hmmm. i've never had a problem. i had my iat just hanging out there, but no BIG probs

Grommet why was i saying grommet,lol I meant the little ports on the side.I have an extra port.....

Grommet why was i saying grommet,lol I meant the little ports on the side.I have an extra port.....

are you refering to the small hole on the side of the pipe?

when i replaced the stock air box of my 4a-fe with an open type filter, the tube/pipe, connecting the air filter and throttle, had a small hole. this is where the sensor (for the air temperature, i think) goes in. this was the sensor connected to the stock air box before. the sensor is made of plastic and cone-shaped and long point at the end.

i'm not sure about your engine, but it should have that sensor...

hths :blink:

On 5E-FHE engines there is an air temperature sensors.

On Starlet Turbos, there isn't one, its in the intake manifold

If you haven't got a sensor to put in there, seal it up, I'd use something a bit more than tape, I'd use a blanking grommet.

I hooked the AIT sensor to a 2" long silicone hose then connected it to the port, i connected the PCV port to my intake pipe through a 5" long silicone hose, i connected the smallest silicone hose to the smallest port on the intake pipe. But I still have a port on the left side, nothing goes to it.Do I seal it up or is it there for a reason????

What does the manufacturer say?

What does the manufacturer say?

They havent e-mailed me back yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links