Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealing With Suspected Phishing Or Malware

Sagitar

This morning I received an email purporting to come from Toyota Customer Relations. It quoted a reference number, came from the address "customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk" and invited me to open an RTF attachment with only a nine figure number as a title.

It all looks very genuine, but I am very wary of opening the attachment.

I have been onto various Toyota sites but I cannot find anything that offers a route to checking for phishing or malware.

If it was my bank that was involved I would know exactly what to do to check the validity of the email. Does Toyota have an address to consult?

There is some info re phishing at the bottom of the following page - https://www.toyota.co.uk/contactus

Basically if you have a concern re potential internet or e-mail scams, contact Toyota directly. On the above page they do have an online chat facility.

Toyota do use RTF attachments when contacting us as dealers. Better to contact them and make sure. No company should be sending attachments in my opinion as this is exactly how phisers grab you, making you feel comfortable as it "looks" genuine

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone; your comments were very helpful. On investigation, it turned out to be a genuine message. I am disappointed that Toyota have not realised how vulnerable are messages in the format that they used.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links