Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Battery On Auris Hybrid 2013

Lestat69

Isn't the UK Auris Hybrid same as the "Prius c" in USA. I can't see any specific threads re flat 12v battery warranty issues on the PC Prius c forum, but issues surrounding 12V battery are well documented there for the Prius.

No, it isn't. It would seem there is no model the same as the UK Auris in the US. The Prius C is like the Prius, only proportionately smaller looking on the outside. However the boot space is a lot shorter. It is hard to describe, but makes sense when you see one in the flesh.

There are pictures here, but it is hard to imagine without a frame of reference to give you a sense of scale.

Isn't it similar to the Yaris Hybrid, but with Prius like instruments?

The Prius C is closer in size to the Yaris Hybrid and seems to use the same 1.5 litre drivetrain.

For example - wheelbase of the Prius C is 2550mm, and the Yaris 2510mm: Prius C. length 4000mm, Yaris 3885mm; Prius C width 1690, Yaris 1695; Prius C height 1450mm, Yaris 1510mm

If Robert is your Fathers Brother, would Bob be your Uncle?............................

No - he doesn't like being called Bob

OK got the message re Prius c. Now looking at the pictures it is certainly no Auris or Auris size car.

I presume Grumpy Cabbies earlier post referring to Patrick Wong on PC may have been "12v system question" thread. However, most relate to ageing 12v batteries and not early faults.

It is good to note that the 12v Battery is charged from the traction Battery (on Prius) and not by motor/generator. I assume this would also be true for Aurius Hybrid ?

If it is keyless entry that is suspected, can that not be turned off, at least on a trial basis ?

If it is keyless entry that is suspected, can that not be turned off, at least on a trial basis ?

It is not the keyless entry that is suspected.

It appears to be a fault in the programming of the ECU, where it stays active (and drawing 600 mA) waiting to receive a second signal that is never sent. It is related to the hazard warning circuit.

Though the weaker 35Ah Battery is a time bomb waiting to happen if the experience of earlier generations of the Prius is anything to go by.

Watch this space.... :)

• 5 years later...

I too have a 12volt flat Battery,3rd time in a month. I have a 2016 hybrid excel. The Battery isn’t charging this time, my Ctek charger is showing a fault with the Battery and the battery is not taking any charge. 

Hi Robert , welcome to TOC. 🙂

Afaik that should be covered under warranty as long as the car has been maintained to Toyota schedule/standards - take it to your dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links