Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Items For The Iq

craggle

Hi all

My car is now 4 years old and since it went out of warranty around this time last year I have been doing my own servicing and looking after any problems myself.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I am a qualified engineer and have restored and built my own cars in the past so not afraid to do anything on it and personally I think I would make a better job of doing things myself as I'm not working to a time constraint as a garage mechanic would be.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of items that are checked or changed at each service interval by Toyota? The car is 4 years old and has just passed 30k miles.

Today I did an oil and oil filter change and removed the air filter and checked it was still clean. (It's a "performance" cotton washable filter that was cleaned and re-oiled just a few months ago)

I also took a look at the brake discs which were fine and the brake pads have tons of material left. I think I may change the brake fluid and re-bleed the system in the summer and I am going to change the spark plugs but other than that, What do they cover at the services?

Cheers

Craig.

• Like 1

I agree with you David, it's best to assume that they have not !

Where there is not auditable traceability to prove it "they" are very likely to just "tick the box"

Hence the saying if you want something done with a high degree of reliability, DO IT YOURSELF !

As long as they don't just "tick the box" AND charge for the new plugs, and the time taken, though they have not done the work.

A very hefty bill, judging by the amount of work required, if done properly.

Surely no one gets up to these tricks anymore......or do they?!

Although I am on a service plan, I will change my rear discs myself as it is an easy job and parts and labour for that job will not be part of a service plan.Toyota non-vented discs seem very prone to excessive wear and "lipping", my previous Aygo needed new discs after 2 years too.

John

Here information about the sparkplugs.... Should not be hard..

IGNITION COIL AND SPARK PLUG > COMPONENTS > Preparation

EQUIPMENT Ohmmeter Torque wrench Heater Thermometer Spark plug cleaner Voltmeter Spark plug wrench Vacuum pump Protective tape
RECOMMENDED TOOLS 09011-3C220 Wrench,Spark Plug
14mm
09012-2C510 Deep Socket Wrench
19mm
09082-00040 TOYOTA Electrical Tester

(09083-00150) Test Lead Set

motor-iQ-1-_zps3ffd953c.png

plugs-iq-_zps744f7a2d.png

plugs-iQ_zps626c56c4.png

• Like 1

You definitely need to remove the inlet manifold on the 1.33 engine to get to the plugs, Simple job once you've done that.

I do intend to do the work in the spring / summer so will photograph and post the process on here in case anyone else fancies having a bash.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links