Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux Invincible Alarm Problems

macgirl611

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can shed some light onto current issues we are having with our 2012 invincible....

We left the car at an airport car park for 1 week and when we returned the car wouldn't open with the buttons on the key... We used the key to open the door and the alarm went crazy! There was no way of stopping it..... We locked the car up and got a taxi home to try the spare key, the same thing happened with that. Out of sheer desperation we drove the car with the alarm going as the car park attendant kept asking if it was our car. The engine started no problems with the key and the alarm was still sounding as we drove. Also the light on the key was lighting up fine on both keys so no problems with the Battery in the key.

Now what we have made it home and the alarm eventually went off and now the remote central locking works again?!?!?!

We have found out the weather was horrendous when we were on holiday and this may have triggered the alarm to go off while we were away? Does anyone else have any suggestions?

The alarm is sensitive at the best of times and when a truck drives past our work the alarm will sometimes go off?

Does the car need to go to Toyota or is there a way of fixing this ourselves and getting the alarm not to be so sensitive?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Yes.....take it back to your dealer, it's under warranty!

It could be a multitude of problems, there were issues with the alarm ECU on models with leather seats if I remember correctly

Kingo :thumbsup:

As John has already said take it back to the dealer, it could be just discharged batteries but why worry Louise :D

my alarm on my 2.5 hilux 07 goes a bit funny a couple of times a year ..had it in to my local toyota garage and they said "theyve turned the sensitivty down" not sure if this is correct but it still does it like I say a couple of times a year (usually in the middle of the night to the annoyance of my neighbours).. i just leave it unlocked all night and then it never happens again for 6-12 months