Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vsc And Trc Off Lights On

mastereagle

hi there i got these 2 warning lights on, (vsc and trc off) on an avensis d4d 2.0L

so i went into dealer to get a diagnose, then an hour or so later 1 one them come out and gave me a shock, they quoted me £4638 to get abs ecu and wiring replaced....

WOW.

has anyone had the same sort of problem with same 2 lights???

they said 2 codes c1203 and c1300 ...

regards

thx frosty

for info, but from those links,nobody seemed to have same codes as me and same diagnostic of abs ecu fault.

anyway, on the way to work this am, i noticed that the lights had gone. so now will see if they stay like that.

also i didnt mention that whist the lights were on, i never noticed any change in how the car drives. so am not too sure about it.

also when i was at the dealers, they said that there was water present inside the abs ecu and they tried cleaning it, so maybe that did the trick...

anyways will wait and hope...

cheers

Hello mastereagle

I have the same two lights coming on in my car 2006 2.0d4d.

They usually come on after driving between 10 and 20 miles and stay on until i switch off ignition.

When i restart car everything is ok for another 10+ miles.

I have not got codes read yet .

My tracking is off as my steering wheel sits at almost ten to four position when driving straight ahesd so i am hoping this might be the problem.

Let us know how you get on with this and if anybody can offer any advice this would be appreciated

This is along shot but are all the tyres on your car the exact same size, if not then this can cause a problem.

Just for the record and information for anyone else here is a comprehensive list of all Toyota fault codes and a file worth saving for future ref.

Pete.

Toyota fault codes.rtf

Hello mastereagle

They usually come on after driving between 10 and 20 miles and stay on until i switch off ignition.

My tracking is off as my steering wheel sits at almost ten to four position when driving straight ahesd so i am hoping this might be the problem.

Let us know how you get on with this and if anybody can offer any advice this would be appreciated

hi john

i went to toyota to get it checked, paid £59 for diagnostic and they said there was water inside the abs ecu so they then said that they tried to clean it and then tested. so at the end of all this (90 mins later) they come back and said that it was a terminal fault an quoted me £4638.

i said that i will think about it and left.

another 48 hrs later the lights disappeared until today. so not sure what really happened.

and regarding driving, whilst the lights were on, it made no difference what so ever.

hope this helps and i hope the lights wont come back...

regards

Hello mastereagle

hi john

i went to toyota to get it checked, paid £59 for diagnostic and they said there was water inside the abs ecu so they then said that they tried to clean it and then tested. so at the end of all this (90 mins later) they come back and said that it was a terminal fault an quoted me £4638.

another 48 hrs later the lights disappeared until today. so not sure what really happened.

and regarding driving, whilst the lights were on, it made no difference what so ever.

regards

£4638 they cannot be serious if i get quote anywhere near this car will be getting sold.

My 2005 Avensis have now VSC, TRC, Check engine lights on, and limp mode. The faulty code is P2002 - Particulate Trap Effieciency Below Threshold (BANK1).

What to do to solve the problem?

Hello mastereagle

hi john

regards

£4638 they cannot be serious if i get quote anywhere near this car will be getting sold.

hi john

well thats what they said anyway i would go elsewhere to get 2nd opinion. anyway lights are gone now

what they said they did, get got the abs ecu out and cleaned it. maybe you should try that and see if it works.

good luck

regards

paulo

My 2005 Avensis have now VSC, TRC, Check engine lights on, and limp mode. The faulty code is P2002 - Particulate Trap Effieciency Below Threshold (BANK1).

hi radduu

as for the limp mode, on another car i had same issue and the problem was the turbo booster valve. that was replaced and solve the problem.

maybe you need more investigation

regards

these are the simptoms for my car ( toyota avensis 2005 d4d DCAT with DPF). Drive on motorway 10 miles, the vsc, trc, check engine lights came on the dash bord, plus 3000 rpm limitation and 100km/h. . Pull over, switch off the ignition, wait one minute, switch on the ignition, start the car, the lights are still on the dash board but no limp mode for another 10 miles on the motorway. Also when the lights and safe mode came in, the cruise control dosen't work. When I drive in the city, the lights or the limp mode ( safemode, limitation) never appear. If it's the turbo, than the car should be always in limp mode, ( limitation at 3000rpm amd 100km/h), even if I drive the car in the city. Now the car works perfect since I drive only in the city. What do you think about this? Thanks, and I apriciate your answer. (excuse me for that language). How can I see if there is a turbo problem with a diagnostic problem, when the car it's not in limp mode? The fault code is p2002 trap efficyenci brlow (bank1)

Sounds like the dpf regeneration is not happening correctly if at all, this normally happens at over 3000rpm and at high speed like on a motorway never in the city. A forced regen can be done at garage by using an additive to the fuel and software to bypass the auto regen to manual regen and hopefully clear the problem. This is becoming a very common problem with diesel cars fitted with dpf which can also damage the cat converter. I hope this is not correct in your case as dpf and cat replacement is very expensive.

Regards Pete.

• Like 1

better sell the car than buy a new cat or dpf. Toyota with DPF it's not a good car, such as opel or vw, where the dpf regeneration it's happening in the city and on dash board appear a light about this. :nono:

How can I do the manual regen of DPF? can you tell me step by step, like to a newbie? Even with pictures? Thanks

huh, I'll just continue with vsc, trc off, angine chaeck problem, but car I drive is Avensis 1.8 vvti on LPG !!! Have no limitations (no safe mode), absolutely gotta same power, but diagnostics says p0420 - catalyst system low efficiency. In authorised service told me stories about changing my catalyst system, what's really expensive thing to do ...

I'm really nervous that my car is out of stability and traction control system, especially during this winter :mad2:

can pls some one give me a hint how can I resolve this problem without changing my catalyst system, worth 2.000eur +

ps. already try with switching off the Battery, etc ...

thanks

Have had this problem with my 04 Avensis T Spirit 2.0 D4D .

First time was a year ago when they stayed on for most of a week and then stayed off since UNTILL

I think that in diesel engines, especially ones with higher mileage, cleaning catalyst system may resolve the problem, as well as checking O2 sensors.

These days I'll try resolving this problem, again, and I'll keep you informed if there's any success

Don't know what happened there. I got locked out of my response leaving me unable to complete it. Well as said it happened a year ago same 2 warning lights. This co-coincidently happened today as my wife was turning in off the main road BUT this time there was a momentary 'knocking noise' from the engine. Momentary only because she switched the ignition off.

On her arrival to the house I did the routine check of oil level , looked for any engine leaks or signs of something amiss but all was fine.

Started the engine up 6 or 7 times with the 2 warning lights refusing to go out.

Next time I started these 2 lights were accompanied by the amber engine management light which also stayed on while the car ticked over normally. No miss or untoward noises. Switched ignition off and then on again, this time all warning lights went out and have remained out thus far.

I will report back if I have anything further to add.

All I can suggest is when the traction control and VSC warning lights do come on do try switching the car on and off a number of times as I did and hopefully as with me they will disappear.

I shall start a new thread re the 'knocking noise from the engine that I mentioned here. I an concerned about that !

OK, I'll try with several turns on and off, and let you know if there's any result.

About knocking engine problem, don't know what to tell you. Ask about what kind of noise worn out chain in your car can produce. What's the mileage of your minion ?

Start new thread, hope it's not something serious.

Buy a bottle of redex diesel additive and add to the tank at your next tankful and give the car a good hrashing through the gears worked for me althought the egr valve may need cleaning. All the best.

Hi Ben, Have planed to give the egr and associated pipework a thorough clean this weekend.

Most likely the problem as since I gave the car to the wife a year ago annual mileage has dropped to 3000 a year most of which is town driving.

Maybe this is why for the previous 6 years I never had a problem with the car with me driving style being on the 'brisk' style and minimal town driving.

Eugene.

Make a full scan of your car and see what trouble codes appears. It's a good start.

Had the same problem following a purchase of a 2nd hand motor recently ( 2007 2.2L ). The dreaded P2002 code - Done some enquiring and was quoted €840 for supply and fit of replacement DPF. Paid €17 for a tank additive ( DPF cleaner ) and drove the car hard for a few trips. Initially, LM would kick back in after maybe 10 miles. Switch off engine, restart, drive hard again. Done this several times, and now I'm 2 weeks Limp Mode free. Fingers crossed !

I think the DPF is not the problem. Those differential presure sensor pipes are the problem for the p2002 trouble code. Tommorow I will try to clean those pipes, then I will do a force regen with techtream and a test on the motorway.