Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Parking Brake Failure

gavin77

Hi my Electric parking brake has stopped working on my 2009 avensis started car up and went to let the clutch out to release it and noting.

Except warning light on dash and CHECK PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM on dash.

Two questions, how much am i looking at it to have it fixed?

Second, as it is released i presume its ok to drive.

Thanks for any help.

Gavin, there are several posts on this forum regarding this. It would even seem to be a recurring problem for some. Cost has varied a little but is there isn't much change from £1500 if you have to bear the full cost your self. It would seem some have managed to get it done free even outside warranty so go to the dealer with researched evidence in hand and haggle hard.

• Like 1

heck what mileage is the car? not good, any tell tale signs prior to the failure such as different noises, operational speed?

Hi thanks for the feed back after digging out the paper work that i got when i bought the car.

And from what i can take from it it had a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty and a

24 month/60000 warranty .

When i bought the car it had 60000kms on it in June 2012 now in December 2013 it has 90000kms on it

So looks like im still with in the mileage warranty plus has been fully serviced by Toyota.

.The car was 3 years old when i bought it.

Valvematic their was no indications it was about to go plus i was always aware

that it was pricey to repair so yes i was the guy in traffic who kept his foot on the brake .

only used it when leaving the car parked.

Took the car back to MR T ran a diagnoses on it and just cleared the fault that was on the dash.

And hey presto parking brake back working .

They said they have no idea why it showed a fault.

I seem to remember a thread not long ago where the brake pads wearing thin threw up similar lights. Maybe try a search, I hope I didn't dream it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links