Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trouble Code P2118

furelise79

Hi- I'm Tim. Nice to meet you guys on-line. I've got a 2006 RAV4 4WD V4 automatic. I need some help. Trying to solve Trouble Code P2118 'Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance' Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is what happened.

My RAV4 was getting shipped out of Europe to South Korea for 3 months. When I picked it up, the Battery was dead. I jumped the Battery, everything was fine. No indicator but low tire pressure. Inflated, drove about an hour and a half, got home. Still good. Tried to start the car after couple hours later, car wouldn't start. I figured that it's about time to put new Battery. Tried to jump the battery again with my 2nd vehicle, to be honest, this time I tried to jump battery with misconnecting (+) (-). Big mistake. Put the new battery, and I was able to start car again, but three indicators are on; 'malfunction indicator lamp', 'VSC', '4WD' Put gear in drive, car would move real slow, but accelerater seems not working. Press the pedal, no action on RPM. Trouble code says P2118.

Tim

RAV4 4WD V4 Auto

post-136859-0-82396500-1388479942_thumb.

post-136859-0-23341700-1388479945_thumb.

welcome Tim.

glad to have you on board,iam no expert but iam sure one will be along soon.

hope you get it fixed quick after all the trouble of shipping it out.

stu

Common Toyota problem when a flat Battery is jump started - just replace the ETCS fuse - 10amp if I recall correctly. Hopefully there won't be other issues - but cross connecting a Battery can be bad news.

• Like 1

gj , that's good to know , try to store that one in the memory bank !!

I replaced blown-off ETCS fuse 10A, and it worked like a champ. Thank you!

• Like 1