Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wipers

Rabbijon

Quick bit of advice please. My wipers on the rav have this strange thing where, when you put them on the fastest setting they will go painfully slow, much slower than the normal wipe setting you would put them on. Had issues before with the wipers but corrected itself and just left it. Is the motor needing replaced? Cheers.

Maybe try cleaner the motor.

I had this on mine and once I had cleaned it all was well

The Rav has a three brush motor - the issue is that the high speed brush is dirty / burnt. Clean up the commutator / brushes and slightly increase the tension on the brush springs.

Mark the wiper positions on the screen with tape - remove the central nut and lift off the wiper arms - move them slightly side to side to free them on the shaft splines. Unclip the rubber finishers which connect the louvre top to the side edges of the windscreen trims. Undo 2 fasteners and around a dozen claw type retainers and lift off the top louvre cover.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links