Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Noise ...?

rayens

I have a 2002 diesel and it has a pronounced noise when driving from clutch

Checked bearings etc etc. and also the noise cannot be heard outside of the car but it seems to be amplified inside. Put clutch in and it goes

Firstly any ideas what it may be

Secondly - if it is the first signs of the clutch going where is the cheapest place to get job done correctly?

Thanks for your help

Failed clutch bearing or gearbox bearing?

When I needed mine done Mr T quoted me £700, my local random franchise garage wanted £550 but I managed to get someone to do it for £400, parts and labour, but with a Valeo kit and not a Toyota one.

Thanks for your replies

I was quoted around £465 which I thought was expensive - are the parts expensive for this ?

IIRC the clutch kit (Bearing, spring, plate) is £150-200 for a pattern part from e.g. Exedy or Valeo, Toyota one may be more. This doesn't include the slave cylinder, but apparently you don't have to change that.

Labour is the reason it costs so much tho'; Like most small cars the clutch is apparently very awkward to change so you get stung on labour charges. That's why everyone says to change anything in that area all at once, and why it isn't worth just changing e.g. just the release bearing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links